Moose Lake Motel

Check Moose Lake Hotel Deals

Moose Lake Motel Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
good for one night May 14, 2009
The Moose Lake Motel is a little mom and pop place in downtown Moose Lake. The motel is small, with only 12 rooms, but it is cozy. With character.

I had a single room with a double bed. There was a mini fridge, microwave, and tv. The room was just big enough for that, plus a desk and bed. But it was all I needed. There was also wi-fi, but it was a bit slow.

The bathroom was a little small and the shower had butterflied stuck to the tub so you don't slip. I'm not sure I've ever seen that in a motel before ;) The shower was very high pressured, but it felt nice.

The temperature was controlled by a thermostat on the wall, which was pretty modern. The only thing I didn't like about the motel - and I really didn't like it, was the noise. It was right on Highway 73. Within 50 ft of the highway. There was traffic all night long. The bed was comfortable, but the room was on the light and noisy side, due to the highway.

There were no ammenities, such as breakfast, pool, exercise room, etc. But I was only here for one night and I didn't need the extra stuff and didn't want to pay for it. A Holiday gas station was across the street and made for a quick and easy breakfast.

The gentleman that runs the motel was very friendly and stayed up until I showed up. I did have reservations, so he was expecting me. All in all, it was a decent place to stay for just one night. Any longer, and I'd have serious lack of sleep issues due to the highway traffic.
outside of the motel