Moon Thai and Japanese

Miami, Florida

Moon Thai and Japanese Miami Reviews

sirenn9 sirenn9
Feb 17, 2008
This place has the worst sushi I have ever had in my life! I guess I should have known it would be terrible considering Miami doesn't really have much of a Japanese community, but I guess I thought it would be pretty good considering I have eaten at other Sushi-Thai fusion places in Miami (Sushi Siam, for example, which I love!).. I swasn't the only one who thought Moon Thai and Japanese was terrible. All of my other California friends sitting at the table with me agreed that the food was horrible and the service, as well.

The california roll was made with really dried out krab meat. For those of you who don't know what krab is, it's fake crabmeat made out of pollock and other random white fish. The rice was dry too, which made the roll even worse. We also ordered several rolls with eel (unagi) in them, and the unagi was unbearably bad because the cuts were so terrible and fatty. Also, every roll seemed to be completely soaked with unagi sauce to the point where the roll was way too sweet. I barely ate any of the sushi we ordered. My friend ordered the teriyaki chicken plate too, which by the way, was kind of on the cold side and looked like a tv dinner. According to her, it had no flavor at all..

On a positive note, we did not try any of the Thai menu with the exception of Thai iced tea, which was actually ok. For all we know, the Thai dishes are great.. who knows?

Check Miami Hotel Deals