Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers

Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers Rates and Deals

Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers Reviews

brittfindlay brittfin…
Awesome Sunshine Coast hotel close to the beach! Apr 15, 2011
Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers is most definitely the best hosetl I've stayed at in Australia!

Located 2 blocks from the beach it is truly the ideal location. Mooloolaba is an exciting place to visit. Lots of attractions such as the esplande and of course the beach.

Underwater World is around the corner, and there are tonnes of places to eat - from cafes to restaurants to pubs. It's also located 1 block from the river which is lovely to walk along for lunch.

Now for the actually hostel itself. It consists of 2 seperate buildings. One has 3 floors of 4 bed dorm rooms with an ensuite bathroom (with shower, sink & toilet). There is a shared kitchen for each floor as well as a wrap around balcony with table and chairs.

The cost per night is $31 dollars.

The second building is similar with 3 floors as well. This one also has 4 bed dorms but have a common washroom (one for males, and one for females) on each floor. There is also a common room (tv, table, couches) with a kitchen opposite.

The cost per night is $28 dollars.

The hostel has a pool for everyone to enjoy as well as a pool table. There is a sitting area to watch a game, or your favorite talk show. This area is where the 4 computers are located - internet time is cheap and can be purchased at the desk!

Also in this common room is where the reception desk is located as well as a kitchen (for sausage sizzlers & free brekky every morning!!) There are plenty of tables to enjoy brekky or dinner which is offered everyday (free brekky as I said & a cheap but delish meal in the evening!)

There is always something going on at the hostel - any excuse to celebrate and have fun! Holidays such as Australia Day was a blast!!

The best part of the stay is you get free access and use of the surf boards, body boards, stand up paddling, kayakes and bicycles!! You can also request a ride to the beach and even for a staff memeber to take you out on the river for a lesson in paddle boarding or to the beach for a surf lesson!

All in all I was a very happy person staying at Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers - hope you will too!
Aerial view
Photo by Michael Munch!
emilysilvester emilysil…
Amazing! Jun 09, 2010
I stayed here for two nights in March 2010. It was my first hostel experience so I was a bit scared. I don't know if they gave me one of their nicer rooms or something but seriously it was so much better than what I was expecting.

I paid $25AUD for a 4 person room with an ensuite bathroom. The room was really clean and had nice hardwood (imitation) floor. There was two bunk-beds. One of the matresses was a bit messed up but it wasn't mine so I didn't really care. I am really anal about bugs and I didn't see one bug the whole time I was there.

It's a 5 minute walk to Mooloolaba Beach, and a super popular nightclub. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. Great environment and has a nice open lobby where you can enjoy a few drinks with new friends.

The only downside was that none of the bars or liquor stores would accept my Canadian drivers license as valid ID, they only accept passports...
Glynnes says: