Monument Hotel

Monument Hotel Rates and Deals

Monument Hotel Phnom Penh Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Excellent Rooms, Great Restaurant & $2 Happy Hour Cocktails! Apr 09, 2014
The first time I stayed at this hotel with my husband on our first trip to Cambodia. I have since stayed a couple more times by myself when needing to do Visa runs.

This would have to be my favourite hotel in Phnom Penh. It is not so easy to find, and not exactly well known, but if you have a map or have the address taxi drivers will be able to get you there no problem. It is not well sign posted either, and can be hard to spot. It is nestled in the back streets, in a very quiet location, but still close to the city.

The rooms are big, bathrooms are spacious, and each room is well decorated with Cambodian artefacts. They have arm chairs also - something not all hotels have, which I quite like. On the ground floor there is a big pool, with lounge chairs, and the restaurant is on the top floor, with a great view of the city. Breakfast is included, and really delicious - a selection of fruits, cereals and hot foods. They also have happy hour 5-9pm where cocktails are only $2 and are amazing! There is a tv in the restaurant also so you can take kids (if you are travelling with them) up to watch cartoons or pop in a dvd. The hotel also offers in-room massages, which are reasonably priced. On my last trip I ordered a foot massage - the lady was 10 minutes late, but unfortunately I left the TV on during my massage, and I fell asleep... and woke up and she was more interested in watching TV than massaging my legs.

A nice feature of the hotel - you can paint your hands and print it on the wall in the lobby - sign your name and which country you are from... I thought this was a lovely idea. They also sell nicknacks in the lobby but these are a little over priced in my opinion. You can also organise day trips and tours from the hotel which seemed reasonably priced.

Easy to get anywhere in the city from the hotel - there are tuk-tuks waiting outside the hotel, and will take you pretty much anywhere in the city for $3. There is not much around the hotel in terms of walking distance, except a gym (not sure if private or public), and a couple of local restaurants and small shops.

If I ever go back to Phnom Penh I will be staying here again! Excellent!
view from restaurant
buffet breakfast
view from top of hotel
entry to hotel

Monument Hotel Overview

In the heart of Phnom Penh, Monument Hotel offers our guests a secluded and tranquil refuge from the bustling city. Enjoy your stay in any one of our 23 carefully designed rooms. Start your day with our signature complimentary breakfast, relax at our salt water pool when you return from your day out and sleep on our custom made pocket spring mattresses. We guarantee you will not want to get out of bed the next morning.

Monument Hotel Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower