Montserrat

Bogota, Colombia

Montserrat Bogota Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Beautiful View Jun 29, 2010
The main attraction for me for this place was that you got to ride a cable car to and from it from Bogota. It was awesome, there is also the funicular option, but that’s only during certain times of the day.

Basically all this is is a big church on top a mountain overlooking all of Bogota, Colombia. It’s a beautiful place to see the view and once you get out of all the church part, there’s some really cool trails you see where people walk to get to work, it’s actually quite crazy they live up there.

The views are pretty,even on an overcast day, which is what ended up happening once we reached the top. I bet in a sunny day it's ten times as beautiful.
Shavaba Shavaba
What a View! Feb 09, 2009
Monserrate is a mountain behind the shopping streets of Bogota, Colombia. You can go up by train/lift or just a simple walk. But dont think that is easy cause it is really high. We went up by the lift and it was a shot but most of all scary ride (not because of the lift but i am afraid of heights!).. But once you are up there thats all forgotten! You have a magic view all over Bogota and what lies behind the city.. You can also go to the convent to watch or pray.. I really thought this was one of the highlights of my journey and got the time to overthink everything what i did i Colombia.. Monserrate also made me realize i love this Country.. To make a long story short! Just go and watch!
Going up!
Smile!
Bogota

Related Travel Blogs About Montserrat

Ape
Bogota is eerily quiet
As there's hardly a living soul around...! With that I mean other backpackers with who I can communicate with, because 8.5 million Bogotans do make for a bustling city. This city is ridiculously big,…Bogota on my own then. I head up Montserrat with the teleferico to get a sick view of the city…

Check Bogota Hotel Deals