Montserrat Mountains

Barcelona, Spain

Montserrat Mountains Barcelona Reviews

bekkanewman bekkanew…
Wow! Apr 06, 2015
If you go to Barcelona I would definitely suggest going to the Montserrat Mountains. I caught a train from Barcelona's main train station to the mountains, it took about an hour, but it was so worth it!

When you get off the train you need to catch a cable car which is pretty cheap, it takes you up the mountain, they run quite frequently, I was only waitingabout 10 minutes, but I was glad as I wanted to take photos of the beautiful mountains! You can also go up on a train, but I don't know where to get this from, but I know you can do it!

The view when going up the cable car is breathtaking!

There is a monastery at the top, inside the monastery is beautiful as well, there is so much gold, more than i have ever seen anywhere! It looks incredible inside, everyone was singing when we went in, even the people in the church, it was packed! When walking around you could hear the choir from the monastery singing, it was almost a bit magical and gave me goosebumps walking at the top of these mountains listening to the choir, it really was amazing!

There is a restaurant and a gift shop at the top.

You can also catch little cable carts further up the mountain to get even better views!

It is amazing there, the photos do not give it justice!!

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals