Montreal - NYE 08

(514) 845-4000

Montreal - NYE 08 Reviews

NYR027 NYR027
Feb 08, 2008
I went to Montreal for New Years Eve this past year. By far, the best new years I've ever had.

I work in NYC and right away you can see the differences. Montreal is a very clean city. The people there are really nice as well. You know when you cross the street in NYC cars honk at you like crazy. I would cross the street in Montreal and cars would stop and let me go, waving me on! I thought that was funny. People are very down to earth and very friendly.

Nightlife is off the hook. Bars and clubs there are similiar to the U.S. but when your in another country you always get that different vibe. If your into strip clubs, Montreal is your spot. Also, they are very big on tipping, especially in the bars and clubs. People who work there always want a tip. I remember handing a guy this ticket you needed to show to get into this club, and he wanted a tip! Just for me handing him a ticket. Im not cheap now but I was like are you serious? He did nothing but stand there, haha.

The trip itself was very inexpensive. I got a good deal through Montreal VIP. For $300, 3 other friends and I got a 3 night stay in a very nice hotel, NYE party pass (with open bar), and a bar crawl the night before NYE with free entry into 6 different clubs. Definately worth it.

Check Montreal Hotel Deals