Montreal Central

Montreal Central Rates and Deals

Montreal Central Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Great hostel in a great location Mar 31, 2014
Located about a block from the bus station and the Berri-UQAM Metro station, the Montreal Central is a nice place to stay at.

From the bus station, you would have to go around a block in a semi-circle. You would exit at Rue Berri, turn left to 1st light, then left to the 1st light again, to Rue St-Hubert. Then left again, and you should see the hostel on your left. And from the Metro station, just look for Rue St-Hubert, as there are multiple exits from the station. In both cases, it is a very short walk, and the hostel has an outside sign, making it easier to find.

Once inside, the hostel looked like some futuristic place, and looking very new. The reception area is in the same area as the lounge and kitchen, and a small bar. Plus a TV, with music played in the background. A relatively small area, as if they try to fit everything in. But still, not that bad, and oddly enough for me, I thought it was kind of relaxing.

There is 24-hour reception, so this place is definitely worth it for those who may arrive into town late. The staff are very nice, and will help out with any questions you may have.

There is a Mac computer for internet access, but I did have some issues with the mouse, as it tends to be stiff at times. And only one computer, located in that same area. But it is free. There is also free wifi, but I did not use that.

The room surprisingly, does not feel cramped. There are multiple bunk beds on 2 sides of the room, with a bathroom in each room. And an electric fireplace, which does give that feel of being in someone’s home. At least it did for me. The rooms are co-ed dorms, and there are the options for a private room as well. There are lockers in the room, but you will need to bring your own lock.

Each bed has a reading light, which you can use when everyone else is asleep, if you need to get some items, or rearrange your belongings. It is bright enough to find your way around, but not too bright to disturb others who are sleeping.

The bathroom has a supply of soaps, which you can take. And the shower looks hi-tech, but the dials can be hard to figure out. Actually, I never really knew how to control the temperature of the water, as I tend to switch from really cold to really hot. Good luck trying to get it to warm.

Breakfast is included, and is really good. It includes hard-boiled eggs and croissants, as well as cereal, toast, and bagels. One of the best hostel breakfasts that I ever eaten.

Even with its flaws, which are really minor, this hostel is one of the best that I have stayed at. And wished that I knew about this one before. But at least I got to spend one night here, and would do so again, if I am ever in Montreal again.
entrance
lounge and computer
kitchen and bar
bunk beds
andyjsw andyjsw
One of the best value hostels I've stayed in Apr 27, 2011
This hostel is right next to the Greyhound station and the UQAM (University of Quebec at Montreal) metro station. It's less than 15 minutes walk to the old town, waterfront and new town.

The room I stayed in had 8 beds, although not that large it was adequate and the ensuite bathroom was a big plus. It also had a large TV, which I thought was unusual for a hostel room. The rooms are really nicely decorated, which again is unusual for a low-cost hostel.

The hostel has a small common room/kitchen which looks a bit like a bar the first time you see it. There's also a TV room with large cable TV. The hostel doesn't have many rooms so has a nice friendly atmosphere, unlike many of the larger hostels I've stayed in.

It is one of the cheapest hostels in Montreal and with the features it has I recommend it.

Related Travel Blogs About Montreal Central

Ville de Montréal (Part 2) => Picturesque mountain, perfect winter getaway~
Mont Tremblant is a village and incorporated municipality in the Laurentian mountains of Quebec, Canada, approximately 130 kilometers (81 mi) north-west of Montreal. [Extracted from Wiki…Montreal central bus station, really convenient. When I arrived at the bus station at Mont Tremblant, my gosh, the image…
Exploring Montreal
Quebec was the first trip Susan and I took together. We rode Amtrak's overnight Montrealer from Washington, DC, up through New England and crossed the border at St. Albans, Vermont, early in the morn…Montreal's Central Station (Gare Centrale) underneath the Queen Elizabeth Hotel. That was easy, as the Queen Elizabeth Hotel…
Day 7 - Back in Montreal, meeting my first TravBuddies!
The last thing I remember last night before falling asleep was thinking about how fun it’ll be to meet Mario and venture out on my own in Montreal for the first time. The whole time I was in Montre…Central Station in Montreal . I hadn’t had a chance to eat yet and the bus wasn’t scheduled…

Check Montreal Central Rates and Deals