Monte's Trattoria

97 MacDougal Street, New York, NY, USA
(212) 228-9194
Monte's Trattoria - Happy to meet you;)
Monte's Trattoria - My wild boar with gnocchi
Monte's Trattoria - Inside Monte's Trattoria
Monte's Trattoria - Maxime happy to be there too!

Monte's Trattoria New York Reviews

Chokk Chokk
An Italian Basement Apr 02, 2010
After a long day we entered Monte's Trattoria which an Italian restaurant on MacDougal Street between West 3rd and Bleecker.

It was an old traditional Italian restaurant that apparently had existed since 1918. The basement restaurant was cozy and almost full when we entered, but they managed to give us a table close to the kitchen way in the back of the place.

It was one of these place that had the walls covered up with infamous and famous movie actors and notabilities; I only had to conclude that there are loads of people I don’t know.

The waiters turned out to be friendly; our waiter, (I unfortunately forgot his name) spoke English with an accent like Marlon Brando from Godfather. It was almost funny; so funny that we hardly could stop talking back to him in the same way. It turned out that he didn’t even come from Italy; he came from Croatia and actually from Zader where I had been two years earlier. I guess that they all learned Italian from the same movie down there because they spoke alike.

We headed both for today’s special which was wild boar with gnocchi. We started with a cold beer each just to kill our thirst after the long walk and drive since PS1. We took an Italian red wine to accompany the wild boar.

Both the wine and the boar were good, even though Maxime was still hungry after his meal. He therefore ordered a cheese plate with 4 different Italian cheeses to follow while I concentrated on emptying the bottle of wine before he got un-sober.
Inside Monte's Trattoria
Happy to meet you;)
My wild boar with gnocchi
Maxime happy to be there too!
rnakamot rnakamot
Jan 14, 2006
I've only been here once with my boyfriend while I was taking a summer class at NYU, but it is one of the better italian places I've been to! The owner was super friendly and greeted us at the door, and the waiter (who "forgot" to charge us for the extras and carafe of wine) was also very warm and welcoming. The food itself was delicious and well worth the price, and Monte's is somewhere I plan on visiting again!
kevinw83 says:
no one forgets stuff when I go to restaurants... just my order!
Posted on: Jan 20, 2006
mattmcusic says:
couth
Posted on: Jan 14, 2006
mattmcusic says:
Me too. "Forgetful" yes, I get it. I'm cooth.
Posted on: Jan 14, 2006