Monterey Fish House

Monterey Fish House - Snapper

Monterey Fish House Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Seafood galore. Reservation needed! Jul 25, 2016
Husband and I had heard about this place from friends and read some amazing reviews, so we had to check it out for ourselves.

Well, to begin with, you may want to make reservations even if you're only a party of two. Believe me, you'll wait regardless, but a quick call ahead may get you through the door quicker. This place is always packed.

We were seated about 15 minutes after our initial reservation time. We waited outside since the place doesn't offer too much space for you to wait indoors.

Despite the hubbub the place has a cosy feel to it. We were seated with 3 other people at a corner table. No big deal we were just happy to be seated at all.

We ordered fried calamari and oysters as appetizers. The calamari arrived first. I've had better (see Cosmo Grill in VA). Hubby's oysters arrived with some delay, but they were HUGE in size. He said he had a hard time eating them, because he is used to shooting them down without much chewing. LOL To me the whole idea is gross, but if you're looking for HUGE oysters, this is your place. The people next to us had the fried oysters, and they said they were divine.

Our main courses had the same side dishes (pasta and veggies with pesto). I had the snapper and hubby had halibut from the "specials" the waiter had cited for us when we were first seated.

It seemed like both fish had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while. It was late in the evening, but I found it odd that a fish restaurant would let their main course get dry.

I guess we'll have to give it another try in a few months, but for now I cannot give more than 4 stars for this place.

The wait staff gets 5 stars, very on point and helpful with suggestions.
Fried calamari
Oysters
Snapper
Halibut
Vikram says:
Congrats!!
missandrea81 says:
Thank you very much! :D Nice surprise.
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured Andrea!

Check Monterey Hotel Deals