Montego Bay Club Apartments

Gloucester Avenue, Montego Bay, Jamaica
(876) 453-3444
Montego Bay Club Apartments - View from my appartment, Montego Bay Club Appartments

Check Montego Bay Hotel Deals

Montego Bay Club Apartments Reviews

Airpunk Airpunk
Completely Feb 12, 2017
I originally reserved an accomodation called "Cottages Dead End Beach" through Hotels.com. The offer looked pretty good, it seemed to be some kind of private appartment close to the UWI building and the bar at Dead End Beach. When I called their Jamaican number (+1 876 6106455) from Germany beforehand to arrange check-in and airport pick up, I was told however that the owner needed the accomodation for a private purpose and I was relocated to Montego Bay Club. We exchanged some details through e-mail, including my arrival time at the airport.

The most disappointing part of my Montego Bay experience came right at the beginning: There was noone to pick me up. I waited for 30 minutes after our agreed arrival time before I called them for the first time. In the meanwhile, I was presenting myself to the aggresively annoying taxi drivers from Montego Bay Airport who bragged me continously to come into their taxi. As I was not even sure if I was renting a single appartment in a big building where I needed to get a key from someone, I waited for the transportation from the accomodation as agreed. It took me two more phone calls and another hour of waiting time until someone showed up to pick me up. All this time the airport taxi drivers continued to annoy me. I was even thinking about walking to this place.

Once arrived, I found out that you got the key from a kind of concierge at the entrance of the building. The appartment itself was not really bad, but was showing some signs of deterioration. It looked like no refurbishment has taken place since the erection of the building in the 1970s. Wifi was only available for 12 US$ per day and there was only one channel on TV. All my attempts to change to another channel resulted in the choice of TV channels being reduced from one to zero. Cleanliness was OK, but not more than OK. Overall impression was rather average. Positive: The bed was great as was a well-equipped kitchen.

This was my first accomodation in Jamaica and did not leave a good impression behind. I actually felt really disappointed because of the pickup service and later the rather regular impression of the appartment. It may be that this is what you get for the price in Montego Bay, but I think that all my accomodations in Jamaica (including my second Montego Bay accomodation, the "Bird's Nest") were far better - and two of them were hostels. It may be that some appartments are better than others, but as they just shoved me from one place to another and I did not want mre of my precious time to be wasted in complaining and investigating, I left it like it was and went to the beach. In the end, I would not recommend to book neither "Cottages Dead End Beach" nor "Montego Bay Club Appartments" as you may end up with a sub-standard accomodation and little local support.
Airpunk says:
Thanks for having a look at it, Jim. Actually, Montego Bay has been the most disappointing place in Jamaica for me - not only because of this hotel experience. But Kingston, the Blue Mountains and Black River have made it up for it!
Posted on: May 18, 2017
BASAIC says:
Negative reviews are important too. Thanks!
Posted on: May 17, 2017