Monte Feliz Hotel Gran Canaria

Check Gran Canaria Hotel Deals

Monte Feliz Hotel Gran Canaria Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Monte Feliz Nov 21, 2014
When I was looking for a place to stay in the southern part of Gran Canaria most of the hotels were already fully booked. I found Monte Feliz and I decided to book a room there. The location of it on the map suggested that it will be easy to reach. Nothing could be more wrong. Indeed, the hotel is located next to the main road but we passed it three times before we finally found it. It was barely visible.

Monte Feliz wasn’t so cheap but also not so expensive. It is a decent hotel with costly extras. Wifi, breakfast, even the TV cost. Hello, we are in XXI century and you ask money for the TV? Seriously? The hotel is big and very quiet despite its size. But it is not what you might expect after looking at its pictures on booking.com. From outside maybe it looks modern but inside we discovered only old, ugly and smelly corridors.

On booking.com it is written that Monte Feliz is located in San Agustin but it is not true. This hotel is situated in the far end of Bahia Felize and Bahia Feliz itself is a small place where there is not much to do. We had a rented car and parking was free, mosty because the so called parking was on the street. There is a bus stop very close to the hotel. You may go to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or to Maspalomas and the other beach towns from here. And most likely you will want to escape from here because the Bahia Feliz’s beach is rocky and not inviting at all. Monte Feliz is a „prison” and you will be bored from the first day. There are few restaurants and small market place but besides that there is absolutelly nothing around. Total boondocks.

We were lucky and recieved the groundfloor room facing a garden. I asked for a sea view and I think I got it. I guess they call this view a sea view. I think I have seen the Atlantic, somewhere far away, between other buildings and trees. It was really hard to spot it but I did it. It was like 5 cm of the sea! Yupi! Our room was clean and spacious with modern furniture (from IKEA I presume). We had a small problem with patio door. I opened them but when I wanted to close and lock them back, I couldn’t. After several attempts I finally succeeded. Rooms in this hotel come with a small kitchen. Having our own kitchenette came in very handy. There wasn’t a kettle but we just boiled water for tea in a pan. Beds were big enough but mattresses were tougher than we were used to. The worst thing in the room was the bathroom. Mustiness hit our nostrils every time we entered the bathroom. There is no central heating system in this hotel but there is a small boiler in the bathroom. We had to turn it on and wait for at least 30 minutes to have a proper bath. Waiting one hour for a shower was too long for us, we had a fast, refreshing cold shower everytime. The bathroom was equipped with soap, hairdryer, fresh towels, ample toilet rolls. The room was clean and well equipped, but somehow we didn't want to stay there. It wasn’t cosy. We were leaving the room as early as we could and coming back there very late, just to have some sleep.

If you are happy with a decent place to sleep this hotel might be for you. Monte Feliz is pretty cheap but the reason is simple - it is far away from everything. It is located miles away from a sandy beach on the most windswept, desolate corners of Gran Canaria. If you don’t have a rented car or you want to spend your holiday on a beach, give this place a miss.
entrance
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Emy! :)
vulindlela says:
A review so nice, it was featured twice.....congrats again!
Jeroenadmiraal says:
Congratulations on your feature!

Monte Feliz Hotel Gran Canaria Overview

The Monte Feliz apartment complex is situated amongst green gardens by the beach. Restaurants offering buffet and la carte meals, as well as bars and pubs can be found in the immediate vicinity, whilst the town of San Fernando is situated 8 km away.

The Monte Feliz Apartment Hotel complex has a total of 200 apartments and features a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service, hotel safe, currency exchange facilities and lift access. A wide range of catering, sport and entertainment activities are on offer.

There is an on-site caf, bar, pub and restaurant, as well as a hairdressing salon, auditorium, games room, conference facilities and Internet access (fees apply). Room and laundry services are provided for a fee and guests arriving by car can leave their vehicles in the hotel's own private car park (fees apply). The hotel operates a bike hire service (charges apply) and there is a children's playground for younger guests.

The complex features comfortable apartments with unbeatable sea views and huge balconies. The apartments include a bathroom with bathtub and hairdryer, and a kitchen with fridge and microwave. Further in-room facilities include direct dial telephone, satellite TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a safe.

The resort includes an outdoor swimming pool with an area for children. Guests can relax on the sun loungers and shade themselves with the parasols, laid out on the sun terrace by the pool. Refreshments are available just a few steps away from the poolside snack bar.

There is an on-site gym and a sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Massage and spa treatments are also available. Further activities available at the resort include tennis, table tennis, bocce, 18-hole mini-golf, golf (on the driving range) and trampolining. Entertainment programmes are provided for children and adults, whilst water sports such as diving, wind surfing and canoeing are available on the nearby beach for a fee. Beach volleyball can also be tried for free.

Monte Feliz Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Child Pool