Montagu Gardens

(242) 394-6347

Montagu Gardens Nassau Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
A restaurant catering to the local community May 30, 2014
The restaurant is located outside the central part of Nassau - so the many day trippers from the cruise ships don’t make it here. Hence the people ensuring the business of the restaurant are natives of Nassau and people staying long-term in the Bahamas. Hence unlike the majority of the restaurants in central Nassau this place actually have to have a certain quality in the food to get people coming back. And the food here is clearly better tasting and cheaper than the tourist places in the center.

We had our lunch here and tried the conch fritters one more time - and it was definitely tastier than the fritters we had yesterday night in the center. For the main I had cracked conch which is another local way of serving the sea snails. I am not sure this will ever be my favorite dish but as far as I can tell it was cooked pretty well. Though I have never had cracked conch before so I am not really an expert in the matter.

The restaurant is located in a small garden which is decorated a bit bizarrely as a roman garden with all kind of roman statues and a fountain in the corner of the garden. Though the waterfall in the fountain was currently running dry.
Conch fritters