MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Stateline

MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Stateline Rates and Deals

MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Stateline Reviews

traveller98 travelle…
a real steal in an excellant location Aug 27, 2014
If you stay here in the off season, mid week you can get a $300 dollar room for $50. It used to be Caesars palace and has a lagoon pool with Cliffs, islands and waterfalls. I have been here several times and have had the pool almost to myself each time. I asked for a free upgrade and was put into a beautiful suite so far above my average budget the Bathroom was all marble and bigger than most rooms I normally get! From here you can walk to the other more lively casinos where there are cool bars, comedy clubs etc...

Did my first pub crawl here with a trav Buddy from London.
lounging in the hot tub with a mar…
My friend from London takes me on …
coles coles
OK but overwhelmed staff Jul 24, 2010
Montblue is an average hotel with an average cost compared to the other hotels nearby. All detailed ratings should be average or above except I had to downgrade bathroom and service due to the story below:

It is an older property and it seems that the modern American economic staffing model is used here. By that I mean try to get by with minimum staffing possible, saving money on wages but accepting a bearable rate of complaints and customer dissatisfaction. As long as they can keep getting new business then they are more than willing to accept a constant dissatisfaction rate. Not blaming Montblue as this economic model is alive and well all over the world.

We decided to book a room with a jacuzzi especially for the boys to splash around in. Our oldest runs the bath and when he turns on the jacuzzi complains on all sorts of dust and old soap scum shooting through the jets and dirtying up the water (and no it wasn't that our son was dirty before getting in the tub, Japanese style in this family, shower first then tub). We drain the tub and I start to clean it out but the walls of the tub were just filthy with old soap scum. Not worth the premium we paid for the room.

Call to complain but were told the Duty Manager was busy with other problems and would get back to us. Wait 30 minutes and call again. Told the same thing. We left a message asking the Manager to come by to see the dirty tub for herself just so she could be sure we weren't making up a story to get a discount.

We go have dinner, get back to the room and no message. Call again. Finally get hold of the Duty Manager and she declines to come up but without me asking offers us a new room with a jacuzzi. I'm thinking jacuzzi maintenance is not the best at this hotel so ask her if we could just be charged the same rate as a room without a jacuzzi since we won't be using ours. The Duty Manager agrees and says she will note it on our account.

Next day I have a bad feeling that when it's time to check out we will be charged for the regular rate. I'm so sure of this that first thing I call down to Reception and ask about my bill. Sure enough the Duty Manager didn't note the account and the rate is the same. I ask to speak to the manager on duty but told he wasn't in yet and the night manager had left. Call back in half an hour and told the same thing. Half an hour after that we are steamed and go down to the counter. I think the lady at Reception would have told us the same story that the manager wasn't in but she went off when my wife said "I can't believe that". Call a liar a liar and they get mad I guess but she's mad enough to go get the manager so she doesn't have to deal with us.

The manager comes out, tries to call the night manager but can't get hold of her but credits our account anyway. Night manager then calls and confirms and says she was too busy and forgot.

The rooms are good enough, the ski shop was staffed by good folks, nice location, just check your jacuzzi and tub first thing to see if its clean. Any issues here one must be persistent. Once a customer can actually talk to a manager then they are responsive and reasonable but don't believe any stories that they will call you back or are not on the premises.

If you can get a good deal on a room here compared to the other properties nearby then I recommend this hotel. If you have a stay without any room problems, etc then a stay here should be good value.
Vikram says:
Nice review, too bad about the jacuzzi. I think it's a sign of hard economic times where owners aren't just investing in "quality" anymore but doing enough to... well... get people to stay.
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010
Eric says:
Thanks for your review and for sharing on TravBuddy -- too bad about the jacuzzi and service!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010

MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Stateline Overview

The Reno/Tahoe International Airport is located 54 miles from the MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Stateline. Some of the nearby attractions are the Heavenly Ski Resort, Zephyr Cove Beach, Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The Emerald Bay State Park and the Spooner Lake Cross Country Ski Area are also close by.

The MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Stateline houses 437 guest rooms and suites. These accommodations are furnished with cable/satellite televisions, ironing equipment, pillow-top mattresses, wired/wireless Internet connections and telephones with voicemail features. Living areas, dining tables and wet bars can be found in suites.

The MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Stateline features an indoor swimming pool and a full-service spa with whirlpools, steam rooms and a fitness center. This 17-storey hotel also provides a casino, a 16,000-square-foot meeting/banquet space, wedding services, tennis courts, valet parking services and high-speed Internet access. There are also several restaurants and bars on site.

MontBleu Resort Lake Tahoe Amenities

• Mountain Biking
  • Skating Rink
  • Nightclubs
  • Water Activities
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Hiking
  • Steam Room
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Indoor