Mont Nom Sod

02 224 1989

Mont Nom Sod Bangkok Reviews

JarDuck JarDuck
Nov 30, 2006
I think this is the name of the place--either way, you've got to find it! Here, a dessert is a toasted bread slathered in the most amazing butter you've ever had and drizzled with a topping of condensed milk, sugar, yucca root, pumpkin, etc. I bought some off the streets, but this place is absolutely amazing. It must be a local joint as nobody inside was non-thai and it is kind of off the beaten path--you have to know about it to know about it.

So, if you go, you will find it on the side street between the Giant Swing and the Monument--as you exit, if you were to turn left, cross the street and there is a McDonald's, this the only landmark I can give you. Update: The street is Dinso Road.

Be prepared to have to point if you speak no Thai as it appeared they spoke no english. We ordered the chocolate (first since my arrival) and the local mixture. Coming in at about 70 BHT, this is a very affordable dessert. I ordered a Caffe Yen (Iced coffee) to go along, and discovered it was a vitriolic and too rich combo. Stick with some tea to cut the sweetness while not minimizing it.
opalhoward says:
send me some of that butter
Posted on: Dec 12, 2006
mamisarah says:
So much fun soo little time...Aunt Donna and I went on our shopping spree today!!! We were thinking about you and your all things asian!haha Love and hope to see you sooon! Sarah
Posted on: Dec 02, 2006
dianne1119 says:
Yummy, did you take a bite of the dessert for me? Im sure you were buzzing afterwards...
Love ya