Monmouth Coffee

2 Park Street, London, United Kingdom

Monmouth Coffee London Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Fresh Coffee Sep 30, 2016
Foodie 101: when you see a long line, get in it. This has been my policy for decades and after years of traveling the globe, it has never once let me down. When I saw a line about 3 dozen deep for a coffee shop, I knew I had to queue up.

Thankfully the line moved quickly, and you get free entertainment by watching the pour-over coffee being made which helps to pass the time. I asked the friendly baristas what the local favorite was and I was told "everything." That wasn't too helpful so I decided to go for a traditional macchiato. It was pretty good (not up to Italian standards but still had a nice frothy crema and a delicious bold nutty / chocolate note in the beans). If you like the roast you tried, you can buy beans in their shop.

The have limited seating inside but it was unclear how you could secure one of the tables. You could pay around 5 pounds for a seat at the communal table -- but how and where do you do it? I just wanted my coffee to go and there are a few crowded benches out front (most people sitting weren't even customers but whatever, I can drink my espresso standing up with no issues).

I wouldn't go so far as to recommend that coffee lovers make a special trip to try this place out, but coffee nerds (or those who simply love to revel in the artistry of coffee being brewed) should make a point to stop by. Monmouth Coffee is located in the busy Borough Market and is open Monday - Saturday from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. CLOSED SUNDAYS!

Check London Hotel Deals