Monkeys at Uluwatu, Bali

Bali, Indonesia

Monkeys at Uluwatu, Bali Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Beware - Don't loose your sunglasses Sep 15, 2010
Are you going to Bali and planning to view sunset at Uluwatu temple? Then, just beware of the monkeys :) For some reason they like our sunglasses so much. Never mind you wear it or keep in your pocket. If they see the sunglasses, it will be gone! Sounds crazy? No, it is true. I saw at least 7 tourists lost their sunglasses to those charming monkeys...You don't know how they come and how they take it...but in a fraction of a second it will be gone. The best advice my driver gave me is to leave the glasses inside the car when I went there. Initially, I didn't believe it, but once I saw people screaming all over after loosing the glasses, it was fun and strange! Sometimes they return it if you feed them, but some get very angry if you want the glasses back :)

Please do not hurt them!
Uluwatu - Sunset view point
Uluwatu - Sunset view point
tour_guy says:
You may be right!..but not sure...I saw couple of local guys always running behind those runaway monkeys to get the glasses back...but those monkeys never seem to return it unless they get equally compensated with something else...may be a banana! :) I guess carry some bananas just in case :)
Posted on: Sep 15, 2010
Daive says:
must be a racket! they take them back to their owners and the owners sell them on the streets! haha ;)
Posted on: Sep 15, 2010