Monkee Inn

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals

Monkee Inn Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Spanghew Spanghew
Probably the worst place I stayed in KL Apr 16, 2010
We were redirected to this place by another hotel (all the places we wanted to stay were fully booked).

At first it seemed great. Newly decorated, nice atmosphere, and the free breakfast seemed like a good deal too.

In reality, we paid over the odds for a room with a shared toilet and shower (which was filthy and always flooded with water), and the "free breakfast" turned out to be just coffee and toast. We could hear every word that was beoing said by the French girls in the room next door to us, because the walls are so thin. Oh, and you have to pay extra to borrow one of their towels.

What ruined it most for us was probably the horrendously rude American lady, who I think may have been the owner. She was patronising and sarcastic to us, which was particularly shocking to me, because I work in hospitality myself, and would never dream of talking to a customer in that way.

We checked out after one night, and managed to find a lovely en-suite hotel room (with AC and a TV, and towels included in the price!!) a little further down the road for the same price we paid for the room at Monkee Inn.

I really wouldn't recommend staying here. The location is okay, and it's not too bad, but there are so many other lovely guesthouses nearby, it would really be worth your while to keep walking until you find a better deal.
mizpeas mizpeas
Clean Hostel in Chinatown KL Jan 05, 2010
Monkee Inn is a brand new hostel along CHinatown in KL. As it was Christmas day, all the rooms with AC were taken. It doesn't make any difference anyway as the whole building was air-conditioned anyway. The place is very clean. The shared toilet has heater and is very clean. Clean room, good bedding and the place didn't smell! Paid RM 50/night plus complimentary breakfast! You can use the computer for free or if you have a lappy there is free wifi. Friendly staff too. Excellent location.
domnicella domnicel…
Great Hostel in KL's Chinatown Dec 15, 2009
Monkee Inn is a really great choice. Their Chinatown location wasn't my favorite (would have preferred to be city center), but otherwise I really enjoyed it. It's brand new, clean, cheap, run by pleasant Americans, and includes free WiFi & breakfast. ALL rooms have AC, which is a HUGE bonus for KL. Definitely the better of the two places I stayed in KL, would go back.
sylviandavid says:
Meg, Thanks for this review.... Sounds like a great place to visit! free Wifi & breakfast really bring the price down...
Posted on: Dec 30, 2009