Monica's Aca Y Alla

2914 Main St., Dallas, TX, USA - (214) 748-7140

Monica's Aca Y Alla Dallas Reviews

AmeNoMiKumari AmeNoMiK…
Fun-filled restaurant with Mexican cuisine and beautiful live music! Oct 09, 2010
Monica's is a great place to celebrate birthdays, baccalaureate parties, dine with families, or simply hang out with friends. The best days to go are Friday and Saturday evenings.

Although I have been to Monica's other nights and mornings (brunch), my favorite memory of this places goes back to New Year's Eve 2011. Since it's only my immediate family and I that live in Dallas, we typically just go out to eat for New Year's. This year, I recommended Monica's. However, if you ever plan to go for a holiday, make sure to book with them first. It was just our luck that they were kind enough to let us in. With this said, I also recommend booking with them first if you have a large party. Other than that, feel free to walk in. :)

We were seated at our table with a warm welcome. I decided to be adventurous this night, so instead of ordering my usual enchiladas, I ordered a strange dish- Green Spaghetti. I don't regret it. The pasta was thin and had this delicious green pasta on top. It looked very appetizing. Of course, I ordered a frozen margarita with my dish. Can't go wrong with that! Let me also include the fact that the Mexican Lasagna is a magnificent delicacy (this is something my boyfriend always orders for brunch), along with a 99 cent mimosa. I love the mimosas, because they're not heavy with alcohol. They're simply perfect.If you go, do NOT forget to order the chocolate cake for dessert. It's a favorite! Don't like chocolate? Give their flan a try. You won't be disappointed. :) Extra fact: margaritas are 75 cents on Wednesdays with a purchase of a full entree.

My family and I were seated at the front, near the band's stage. This is perfect for those who love to be the center of attention, but intimidating for us shy folk. Fun either way! For the holidays, and every Friday and Saturday evenings, Monica's band plays beautiful Spanish music with their guitars and drums. The music brings me back to my adventures in Mexico, and it also has this romantic and mysterious feel to it. The guitarists/singers will go and grab random guests from their table and bring them upstage with them. If they get you, they'll get you to dance and sing with them. They'll even make you play their tambourines! Eventually, the band members will get off stage, while still singing and playing their music and form a congo line. There's a waiter who stands on a chair with a bottle of tequila waiting to be poured down your mouth. You can still join the congo line if you don't want tequila poured down your throat. lol

Monica's gives the best, most unique and fun experience. This is my number one favorite restaurant in Dallas. Everything is just so perfect!

If you want to see examples of what Friday and Saturday nights are like here, simply type "Monica's Aca Y Alla Music" on YouTube. There are several videos. Sometimes the video doesn't do the restaurant justice. Just go there and see for yourself! You won't regret it. ;)
My family and I celebrating New Ye…
My siblings and I.
My parents were pulled upstage! An…
Singing and clapping!