Mongo's Mongolian Barbeque

Mongo's Mongolian Barbeque - my salad

Mongo's Mongolian Barbeque Quito Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Mongolian BBQ in Quito at Mongo's Aug 17, 2009
First time I was in Quito, I wanted to try this place, since I've never tried the Mongolian BBQ and had been told several times that I'd love it...

So this time, I'd try it. 1st attempt was unsuccessful, but we tried a 2nd time and this time we succeeded. We went there for lunch with the idea of the buffet. But they also offered fix lunch alternative. The buffet has the following options: meat (beef, chicken, seafood) or vegetarian. The lunch alternative was cheap US$ 2,99 and included: appetizer (3 options), entrée (12 options), dessert and drink.

These were our choices:

Appetizer: Shawn & Jen got the miso soup. 1st time, I saw the miso soup with veggies. I got a fresh salad with tasty peanut dressing.

Entree: Shawn got beef, Jen curry chicken - which was flavorless and I got a tasty shrimp kebab with grilled veggies as side.

Dessert: chocolate cake - didn't try it.

To drink we got sodas and juice.

The atmosphere was nice. In the center you find the huge bbq and the meat and veggies you can choose. There are several tables, all wooden, colorful walls with pictures of Mongolian warriors. Just the music was a bit too loud.

But this place is not just about food. Actually they are more famous because of their happy hours and it´s always crowded. Specially by guests coming after working.

Service was good too. The waiter was kind. It took a bit long to get our food and the aji we requested, but it was because there was just 1 waiter.

Regarding the prices, the buffet is cheap and the lunch combinations are great deal! They are valid from 12m - 4pm, but the buffet for lunch and dinner. Also the cocktails are cheap during the happy hour and you get a free one if you have the buffet.

I recommend this place if you are in La Mariscal and want something tasty, not local and not expensive :P
cozy interior
the grill
my salad
yadilitta says:
hahaha, yes compulsive organizer :)
geerbox says:
Well there are others too obviously, like you take tons of photos so I can just copy them to my computer plus you're a compulsive organizer so I don't have to do anything but get lost while driving, haha. what else?? :)
yadilitta says:
just because of that??? hahaha

Check Quito Hotel Deals