Mongolian Steppe Guest House

Check Ulaanbaatar Hotel Deals

Mongolian Steppe Guest House Ulaanbaatar Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Basic Apartment behind State Department Store Jun 23, 2015
I booked this guesthouse as this place able to provide free invitation letter to obtain Mongolian visa even without booking a tour.

The email communication with this guesthouse was a bit slow and it takes a couple of days before I get any answer of my enquires.

The guesthouse can provide pick up or drop of taxi service to and from airport with reasonable fee and prefer to be pay with usd in cash. It cost us usd15 to be pick up from the airport. The taxi driver was waiting with our name on a piece of paper when we were out from the immigration centre and the drive to the guesthouse was nice and the driver drive carefully.

The guesthouse also able to provide private tour with a fee or if you want to rent a car with driver, is also available. We take private tour with this guest house and it was good even when the driver could not speak English (only Mongolian and Russia), however the driver was very courtesy and tried to inform and showed sights as much as he can with sign language.

The apartment itself located at Ulan baatar city centre behind the famous State Department Store which is handy to do some shopping before you explore the inner Mongolia since you would not find any big supermarket out from Ulaan baatar, and plenty of local restaurants or bars around the guesthouse area.

The guesthouse owner was friendly, informative and speak English well.

Free city map was provided inside the guesthouse and the internet was quite reliable, even though we had some glitch with it, but it resolved quickly.

The apartment itself very basic and located at the rundown building on the second floor. Inside apartment was clean and spacious with one bedroom apartment, living room, kitchen, and bathroom.

Not much furniture inside the bedroom, only one small double bed, and dresser. In the living room it has a complete sofa with sofa table and one big fridge in the kitchen which is handy especially if you plan to do small breakfast so can put all the juices, cakes or eggs inside the fridge.

There is washing machine available in the kitchen, however when I enquiry about it the owner said it can not be use, but the guesthouse able to provide washing with a fee. I do not remember how much does it cost, maybe around usd8 when I did my washing there. But my washing was not folded as it was still hanging inside the apartment when I was back from my overnight private tour. They did not change the bedsheet and towels either after I am back from my tour or after the previous night stayed.

Unfortunately the bathroom does not have hot water when I stayed there as there were renovation work outside the apartment which cut the hot water. Luckily the cold water was available and we were able to have shower after boil the water in the kettle.
the bedroom
the bedroom
the living room
the view from the rund down balcony
Ils1976 says:
Belated congrats on your feature! :D
Posted on: Feb 07, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Thank you for the honest review and congratulations on botht he featured review and the Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer. :-)
Posted on: Feb 05, 2016
gingerbatik says:
thank you to all for the congrats, much appreciated:)
Posted on: Feb 05, 2016