Mongolian Grille

117 San Jacinto Blvd., Austin, TX, USA
Mongolian Grille - Cooking at the big steel grill
Mongolian Grille - With Harry at the Mongolian Grille
Mongolian Grille - The sauce buffet
Mongolian Grille - The place was empty when we got it, but got half full pretty quickly

Mongolian Grille Austin Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Delicious Mongolian BBQ!!! Mar 03, 2012
The first time I had Mongolian BBQ was in Washington DC in 2005 and I remember very well that I was putting a lot of hot sauce on my plate, when the cook told me "hey, this sauce is very hot" and I said "hey, I am Mexican, no sauce is hot enough for me"... then I was regretting with a little tear in my eye.

Back then I was very naive in terms of travel and I remember that when I saw the raw meat in the buffet area, I thought Mongolians ate their beef raw!!! Hahahaha I feel so stupid now! Anyway, I loved the food and enjoyed it in spite of having my tongue burned. We also have a Mongolian place in Ruston which is pretty good too.

So this time when we were arrving in Austin I saw this place and decided to give it a try and also because Harry had never had Mongolian food before and it would be a new experience for him.

The place is quite big and the buffet area is very large and with many options. I usually like noodles with thin beef slices and chop suey and other vegetables. They cooked it in the big circle steel grill and I added some hot sauce when they were done (of course, a reasonable amount this time, lol!). The taste was of course great and Harry enjoyed it very much as well. We had a great time in this place.

BTW the waiters did a great job keeping Austin weird! Hahaha! :D
With Harry at the Mongolian Grille
Cooking at the big steel grill
The place was empty when we got it…
montecarlostar says: