Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp

Gobi Desert, Mongolia
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp - Low entrance to the camp
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp - 1 double bed with a stove( heater )
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp - they were half way building a camp
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp - half open-air roof
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp - toilet inside the camp
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp - little dressing table
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp - the white concrete  building attached to the camp is toilet

Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp Gobi Desert Reviews

Vanessa_Mun_Yee Vanessa_…
Mongolian Gobi Luxury Tourist Camp Jul 08, 2009
This is a luxury version for Mongolian Ger Camp. It is located near to the Bayanzad (the Flaming Cliff) where dinosaur eggs and fossils were excavated. There is an attached bathroom/toilet built in concrete with the camp we stayed. Besides the standard bed, table and thermal flask, there is a small “dressing table” and a mirror plus 2 clothe hangers!There is also an electrical table fan in the camp but it will only operate when they turn on the power generator from 7pm -11pm. The bed is a little more comfortable then the standard tourist camp though. Upon arriving, there was a Mongolian lady dressed in traditional dress holding up a bowl of milk as a welcome ceremony. The toilet is a little run down and smelly but over all is still clean and acceptable. However if you need to take a shower, you still need to go outside of the camp to the public shower room which is attached to the toilet. The shower room is clean and has basic amenities – they provide soup, bath towel and slipper. I felt very funny and uncomfortable wearing a slipper when taking my shower. I just didn’t feel clean at all because by the time I walked back to the camp, the dust and sand from the desert would have attached to me already. I am still glad that the toilet is in the camp though. There is also a rest area among the camps with little shade but because it was too hot that day, we stayed for about 10minutes and had to return to our camp and I had to stay in the concrete toilet to keep my body cool.
Low entrance to the camp
1 double bed with a stove( heater )
little dressing table