Monfort Bat Conservation park

Samal Island, Philippines

Monfort Bat Conservation park Samal Island Reviews

slazenger55 slazenge…
Bats are very helpful Jan 29, 2011
My French friend and I went to Samal Island to see the Bat Cave - a Guinness Record holder having 2 million bats. Seeing the millions of bats and knowing they are a big help to the environment, pollination, etc., it changed my perception with bats. I am scared with bats, but now I will support the foundation for its conservation, and even promote this place to my friends to visit. It was amazing. It was fun.
yheleen yheleen
Home of the Largest Known Population of Geoffrey's Rousette Fruit Bat May 21, 2008
Our visit to the Bat Sanctuary in Monfort, Samal was one of the most suprisingly amazing travels i have so far..

Surprising because I never expected sooooooo manyyyy fruit bats in one place - ah.. there were just numbers of them. I felt like an intruder in their place of sanctuary :)

and what's better was that, the place was near Davao City and you pay only 20 pesos for entrance - wow :)

The Island Garden City of Samal has always been known for its beautiful beaches and is a great place to go for swimming especially during summer :) but the Monfort Bat Cave tho known to many locals is not that familiar yet for others. And indeed, it is a must-see especially for bat lovers and advocates of bat conservation all over the globe.

The Sanctuary which just opened last January 2006 had many things to offer:

Briefing Shed

Restaurant/Visitors Lounge

Exhibit Area

Walkways & Paths

Bleachers to view the bats during Circadian Flight at Dusk

The Monfort Conservation park is only 30 minutes away from Davao City. Samal Island can be reached by boat or barge.

The Monfort Conservation Park, or MCPark, is a 24 hectare property where you will find the 5 bat caves that make up the Bat Sanctuary.

If you are planning a trip to Davao, consider Monfort Bat Sanctuary on your list - you won't be sorry :)
bats everywhere :)