Money Belt

Chile

Money Belt Reviews

jamie_botham jamie_bo…
If you wear a money belt...make sure you wear it properly Apr 28, 2011
ok just a quick tip here from an experience earlier today.

A money belt is often seen as a good way to protect valuable, money, documents etc. However, one thing that i have found from a great number of people who wear these. is that they wear it around their stomach under their shirt, thinking that because it is out of sight, it will be safe from potential s**it heads....trust me its not.

I know it seams like the most obvious advice, but so many people dont follow it. Today was the first day that i decided to wear a money belt, and was given odd looks when i went to put it on the inside of my shorts under my belt. Later that day, i find myself on nthe floor with a knife to my throat....one of the first things that they do is lift up my shirt, expecting to find the standard travelers money belt....no success on their behalf (wel apart from them taking everything else i own), but the main thing is that my passport, credit card and major money survived!

So the tip....if you wear a money belt, wear it on the inside of your trousers, and only kepp the essentials there so as to keep it as flat as possible to avoid drawing attention to it!