Monas Cafe

Monas Cafe New Orleans Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Monas Cafe on Frenchmen Jan 28, 2013
Monas Café

Monas Café on Frenchmen St was highly recommended to me many times by local vegetarians and what a fantastic recommendation it was! This was genuinely some of the best Middle Eastern food I have had in Louisiana, so far!

There are a few Monas Cafés in New Orleans. I have only been to the one on Frenchmen, it also serves as a small international grocer, but have heard good things from the others too.

The atmosphere inside was very casual and relaxed. It’s the kind of place you could sit and comfortably read a book while enjoying some pita and hummus next the large windows. Staff was friendly and very confident about the awesomeness of their food.

I ordered an app of Zatar bread and my dish was the veggie plate with Tabouli, Falafel and hummus.

The hummus was topped with a pickled Jalapeno relish. I never would have thought it would work but it was delicious! And the Tabouli salad was so juicy. It was clearly freshly made and was so flavorful! I came back the next day for more hummus and Tabouli to go.

Def go!
Fresh pita! yum!
esterrene says:
LOl i am half tempted to return south just for the Tabouli :)
Posted on: Feb 18, 2013
montecarlostar says:
We did go to this one on Frenchman, it was great!!!! :D
Posted on: Feb 17, 2013