Molopo Kalahari Lodge

Askham, South Africa

Molopo Kalahari Lodge Askham Reviews

Manu32 Manu32
find something else Sep 02, 2014
To say it in the beginning, this was the worst accommodation we had. It’s about 60km away from the gate of Two Rivers and there aren’t a lot of other accommodations before the gate. So the location would be good but they don’t make the best of it. It already started with the communication before the arrival. When I wrote them an email it took ages until they wrote back and sometimes I had to write twice or even three times to get the information I wanted. When we arrived and checked in a man showed us the room and we nearly had to run to keep step with him. He just opened the door, gave us the key and walked away without any information. Plus he wasn’t friendly at all and we didn’t get the room we had booked. On the first sight it didn’t look too bad but when we examined everything closer it was dirty and grubby. The room and the furniture looked quite old, the aircon didn’t work and the organization of the bathroom is horrible. You can hardly sit on the toilet because the shower is right in front of your nose and to reach the sink you have to climb over the toilet. It looked like they’ve started renovating the rooms behind us. I hope they think a bit more there. When we walked around the area we found a nice pool but it was very dirty and the deckchairs there were full of bird droppings. We ate at the restaurant there. My meat (gemsbok) had some tendons in it and my boyfriend’s meat (ostrich) was cooked for too long. But beside that the food was not bad. You just hardly find any light meals. They even have a 800g T-Bone steak on the menu. The first day the staff was horrible, very unfriendly and absolutely unmotivated. I don’t know what had changed but the second day they suddenly started smiling. Oh, and we wanted to book the sundowner with them which was mentioned on the homepage of NC famous lodge (which Molopo Kalahari Lodge is member of) but they don’t offer it anymore.
The person who made this must be v…
Askham Map