Molly Maguire's Pub & Steakhouse

5 Hazard Square Jim Thorpe, Jim Thorpe, PA, USA

Molly Maguire's Pub & Steakhouse Jim Thorpe Reviews

nylor nylor
A good quality steak on a budget :) Jan 22, 2012
After 10 hours of skiing (trying to ski), my friends and I were starving! The steaks were recommended so we decided to eat at Molly's. It was a pub situated below Hotel Switzerland. We came for dinner around 7 pm and there was not a lot of people there yet. We were greeted by a cheerful waitress and seated us comfortably in the back of the bar where the restaurant was. It is a small place, the decor was mostly pictures of the old Hotel Switzerland established in 1830 if I'm not mistaken; We came mostly for the steaks.

I have tasted steaks mostly from New York, and I did came across great quality steaks that cost a lot and cheap ones that you swear never to eat again. I didn't expect a lot from the steak in this place but I was in for a surprise. A local couple sitting across us had a lot of recommendations as for the place's specials, and they were really helpful. The waitress was very accommodating (I know it's their job but she's really good at it).

I ordered the medium rare blackened Blue Rib-Eye coated with Cajun Rub and served with our Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce, a side of mashed potatoes, and extra gravy. It only cost me less than 20 bucks! I must say it was DELICIOUS! I consume all 14 oz steak faster than I could say delicious :). It was just a perfect way to end a really exhausting day. My friends ordered steaks as well, one was Steal Basilico -- coated with Pesto sauce, also delicious.

The chef came out to greet us after dinner. He was cool and we thanked him profusely for preparing a great dinner for us. During the entire meal, the band was playing which made the whole experience even better. Despite our full stomach we just had to order desserts.. they have a few options but we stuck with chocolate lava cake.. again it did not disappoint.

I wish we could have stayed longer in the pub. The people there surely made me us feel at home, considering that we were new to the place. The food, the chef, the waitress, the band.. it just made a great combination for a great day ender.

I read reviews about this place in Yelp and somehow I don't agree with the bad ones. :) Try this place if you want to visit Jim Thorpe.

Check Jim Thorpe Hotel Deals