Mogambo

Roppongi, Japan

Mogambo Roppongi Reviews

Feebs56 Feebs56
Jungle-themed Bar Aug 30, 2011
After reading an amazing review in Lonely Planet Japan, my friend and I decided we must try this "jungle-themed" bar in Tokyo's club district of Roppongi. It took us ages to find and is in one of the side streets off the main drag.

Expecting some kind of Tarzan-like experience I was disappointed by the lonely strings of fake leaves in the corners of the bar. However I returned to this bar a few months later and had an enjoyable time once I'd come to terms with the lack of jungle atmosphere.

There is a shot list including the usual and some strange ones, and if you finish the list your polaroid gets stuck on the ceiling with hundreds of other faces.(mostly foreigners) The owner is an Aussie and the Japanese bar-girl speaks fluent English, so you can have a chat if you're missing speaking English!

Both times I have been here the bar hasn't been full and I don't think I ever saw a Japanese customer in here. So if you're looking to immerse yourself in Japanese culture don't come here.

It's not great, but less crowded than many of the other bars in Roppongi if you want a quiet drink.

Check Roppongi Hotel Deals