Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center

Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center Rates and Deals

Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Viking Waterway Hotel Jan 29, 2017
This hotel was the closest one to the docking point of the riverboat cruise I was taking. It was on the riverboat company's website as a landmark. So I assumed that it would be the one that the cruise ship company used. Wrong. It was the hotel for Viking, but not for Amawaterway, the company I was cruising with. In order to get from the hotel to the cruise ship dock, we had to travel twice as far as the direct line because the hotel was on the other side of the canal. This meant that we could not walk it with our luggage, we had to take a cab

The hotel itself is beautiful and it is in a pretty location, right down at the docks. The room we had was great - there was a place for me to sit in the shower and there was plenty of room for the scooter. The internet was good.

Disadvantages - other than it not being the AmaWaterway hotel

The elevators are small and the main restaurant is on the second floor. It was a problem getting to our room on the third floor with the scooter and two roller bags. Also the elevators were quite busy so getting up from the second floor restaurant to our room was difficult.

The check in and check out procedure was protracted because it is such a big hotel that there are many people checking in and out. We waited about half an hour to check in.

Because the hotel was full, the main restaurant was all booked for dinner and the bar was very busy also. And breakfast, being a buffet was too much for me - it was too crowded for me to use the scooter and I couldn't stand in line to get food because standing makes my back hurt.
Beds
couch
Mirror in entrance area
fridge
Yerfy Yerfy
Comfortable Hotel in Amsterdam May 09, 2011
If you've never been to Amsterdam, it can be tricky to find a decent place to stay based on the normal hotel star ratings. I've stayed in 4 star hotels that were grungy, rat-holes and 2 stars that were really nice.

On my last trip to Amsterdam, I stayed at the Moevenpick, which is considered a "business" hotel. It's not in the heart of the city, but it's close enough. It's about an 8 minute walk along the water front from the main train station. There is a tram that you can hop on and off near the hotel, but I was either walking or on a bike.

The hotel is relatively new, so it was very clean and everything worked properly ... heat/air, shower etc. I am well past the hostel lifestyle when it comes to travel, and I was very happy with this hotel. The staff was helpful when needed, and they offer to take you to the train station/airport in their van upon check out ... there was a small fee, but I don't recall how much.

If you want to stay in hotel where your neighbors aren't shrooming, and DJing in their room until daylight, this is a good choice.
bernard69 bernard69
Affordable comfy hotel with fine cuisine! Jun 06, 2010
We spent four nights last NY in an executive room at the top of the hotel offering nice views in particular at night.

This luxurious hotel is located in the water edge with a tram stop in front(there is also a shuttle to the main station)

The room size was pretty good with very comfy bed and pillows providing a peaceful and quiet nightsleep and has a very useful Nespresso machine.Great clean bathroom too with amenities.

The staff was friendly and professional.

The food was great at dinner and the buffet style breakfast good and generous

We didn't use the sauna,Fitness centre and spa.
outside
nice view from the room
a comfy bed in an immaculate room
Nespresso machine
bernard69 says:
glad u are going to Verona and for yr South American trip!as my daughter has moved last April to South Africa,I have no reason to come back to UK:)))
Posted on: Jun 16, 2010
aditany says:
haha, i was there in January. my cousin got married and we had brunch there the day after the wedding :-) great views and convenient for the train station. when are you visiting the UK?
Posted on: Jun 16, 2010
bernard69 says:
je n'aime ni les moustiques ni les arêtes de poisson!
Posted on: Jun 07, 2010
pearcetoyou pearceto…
Mövenpick Hotel in Amsterdam Nov 11, 2009
The luxurious Mövenpick Hotel in Amsterdam is located on the water’s edge with a total of 408 rooms. With a tram stop in front of the hotel, you can easily reach the city centre. The hotel offers comfortable rooms with spectacular views on the river and Amsterdam. We had a view of the river. They have free wifi in the rooms, as wells as a safe and refrigerator.

A breakfast buffet is offered each day in the Silk Road Restaurant. Lunch and dinner can be served on the terrace when weather is nice.

The hotel also offers a fitness area, sauna, the bio-sauna and the special shower landscape. The Mövenpick is situated only 1 tram stop away from Amsterdam Central Station. You can also walk to the centre in 15 minutes. Several of us stayed here for the TB NYE Meet-up, which was conveniently located close to where our meet-up boat was. Rates are very reasonable if you book online.
stevenguyen stevengu…
Definitely the Best Hotel on the Trip Jun 22, 2008
From the travel brochure, this is what the summary is:

The brand new 4-star Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre offers 408 modern and comfortable rooms overlooking the river IJ and city centre. The hotel is within walking distance of Central Station and the historic town centre. The multifunctional conference centre boasts 11 meeting rooms which can hold up a maximum of 500 people. The hotel bar is open 24 / 7. Guests have free access to the health club, featuring a sauna, bio sauna, fitness and cardio equipment. The hotel is completely non-smoking.

From my experience, I would have to say that it's probably the best hotel of the trip. Generally, you get the vibe that Amsterdam doesn't have much to offer if you've seen the outskirts of the Red Light District. If you've seen this hotel, that impression completely goes away.

I stayed at the Moevenpick in Amsterdam for only one night. After coming from England, you can only say that I needed a rest stop fast!

My first impression was that I was thrilled with the room we were given. It was at the top floor and on the harbor side. If you open the windows, you'll get the best breeze that Holland has to offer. The bedrooms have the perfect size beds, and there's even a couch there for a third person. The bathrooms were the best part. It was like a space-age modern style, with the most interesting tile display you'll ever see.

The service at the Moevenpick was absolutely fantastic - not once were we disappointed. The tour bus into town was there for anytime with just a little notice and the staff were full of great information.

The restaurants and bars were great and everything gets a full thumbs up from me. This hotel definitely gets my highest rating.
This is an image of the front lobb…
This is an image of the dining roo…
This is an image of a double bedro…
williamsworld says:
I would agree with you. We stayed here before.
Posted on: Jul 13, 2008
aggieaggie aggieagg…
Hotel Movenpick Nov 24, 2008
This 4 star hotel is located near the heart of Amsterdam.

It is a modern and trendy hotel, within walking distance from the old center of Amsterdam.

It has really the luxury which you expect from a 4 star hotel.

From the hotel you have a great view at the IJ, the harbour and the center of Amsterdam.

The rooms are very good, also the breakfast with fried eggs and fresh fruit is delicious.

In front off the hotel there is a tram station, within 5 minutes the tram drives you into the centre of Amsterdam

The hotel has also a cozy bar and a nice staff.

I`ve stayed just one night in this great hotel, but I`ve enjoyed this short stay, it`s a very good hotel to stay when you want to visit Amsterdam.
View from a room of hotel Movenpick
aggieaggie says:
Yes, it`s nice to know what you can expect in your hotel!
Posted on: Feb 07, 2009
Flyinhigh says:
I like this hotel chain...good to know they don't disappoint in Amsterdam
Posted on: Feb 07, 2009

• Massage
  • Solarium
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes