Miyajima Public Aquarium

Miyajima, Japan

Miyajima Public Aquarium Reviews

genex13 genex13
Pass your time pleasently Sep 13, 2007
At first some important news from the aquarium:

'Miyajima Public Aquarium is currently closed for renovation. The aquarium will reopen

in August 2011. The new aquarium will be more interactive than ever, but also a soothing

environment. Look forward to an even more enjoyable place to meet sea creatures !' (HP of the Miyajima Public Aquarium)

We went to the aquarium mainly for two reasons: we like aquariums (I have fishs at home, too) and it was still early in the morning with no shops open, where we could buy gifts for our beloved back home.

I have to confess, that the aquarium itself wasn't so good, but they cared for the animals there. The tanks and areas were quite small for the animals and back than I was a little bit sad about it, but the worker there seemed to care and play with the animals there alot.

That's why I'm overjoyed to see, that they are doing some renovation. The animals deserve it.

They say, that the aquarium hat 470 species of marine creatures at display. To be honest, it didn't look this way.

Interesting were the sea lions and penguins for me. It was a little bit sad, that it was japanese only. So I couldn't read the signs at the tank, but with a little bit of talking with hands and feet we get some information from the workers there. Btw they were all female. Funny.

I had three highlights at the aquarium:

- penguin walk

- penguin compound

- sea lions show

The penguin walk are two domesticated penguins walking in the aquarium and then laying down, where you can touch them, with supervision of their trainers. I liked it, because now I know what a penguin feels like. Really soft.

After that we walked through the aquarium and saw the penguin compound and stood there, dumbfounded. The compound looked like a apartement complex with swimming pool and parasols. I liked it instantly.

Afterwards we went to the sea lion show. We didn't understand, what the girl said and she was speaking the whole time. Probably explaining what the sea lions are doing at the moment.

It was fun watching them play. The kids hat fun at their seats. And sometimes could participate with throwing rings and so on.

As a summery I have to say, you won't be missing anything if you don't visit the aquarium, but you'll never know how it will be after the renovation.
big tank at the entrance
blowfishs ... still alive, not on …
big turtles

Compare Hatsukaichi Hotel Rates (5.8km away)

Miyajima Public Aquarium Map