Miyabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi

211 South El Camino Real # C, Encinitas, CA, USA

Miyabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Encinitas Reviews

SuperShan1015 SuperSha…
Best Japanese Steakhouse I have ever been to! Apr 25, 2010
Miyabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi is by far the best Japanese steakhouse I have been to in California. In my opinion it puts Benihana to shame!

The location of Miyabi is not the most ideal as far as scenery & ambiance go; it is in a medium-sized strip mall in Encinitas, CA (North San Diego County). Once you are inside the restaurant you completely forget you are in a strip mall.

The inside of Miyabi is decorated well and has beautiful Japanese statues/carvings throughout the restaurant. There is a bar area is spacious with a full bar selection and numerous Japanese beers on tap. There is also a fair amount of Sake to choose from. I personally enjoy their Plum Wine. Delicious! The bar area also has flat screened TVs to watch sports (or whatever) while you are waiting.

The sushi bar is a great place to sit if you do not want your food cooked on the hibachi-style grill. Sitting at the sushi bar would also enable more private conversations since you are not seated with 10 random strangers. :) The sushi is fresh and made right in front of you. The sushi chefs are friendly and knowledgeable.

Sitting around the large Hibachi grill "tables" is pretty much a guaranteed good time. The chefs are so talented in how they prepare the food in front of you and add a "food show" to it. I never would imagine in my lifetime I would see a volcanic onion. :)

If you are able to recommend a chef, I would recommend asking for John. He has the best tricks I have seen in all my experiences at Miyabi.

Also, it would be beneficial to make reservations if you have a large group or are dining out on a weekend.

P.S. Sorry my pictures aren't that great; my camera broke a few days before & I had to use my camera phone.
View of the Sushi Bar at Miyabi
View from the bar of the grill-sty…

Check Encinitas Hotel Deals