Mixay Guesthouse Vientiane

Check Vientiane Hotel Deals

Mixay Guesthouse Vientiane Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
Good location May 14, 2012
I stayed at a single room for one night. The room was nice and clean. The bathroom is unfortunately shared but I think that some of the rooms are en-suite, but they are more expensive of course. But the shared bathrooms were ok, quite spacious. And I never had to wait to use it.

The location is very good, in a touristy area close to all the attractions and restaurants. What is more, the minibus I took from Vientiane dropped us off almost in front of the guesthouse so I didn't have to worry to much about finding an accommodation and Mixay was my choice as I heard good things about it from the travellers I met in other parts of Laos.

The wi-fi works only in the lobby or maybe I should say it's supposed to work as it was so slow that I had to wait for ages to open anything so at the end I just gave up.
kstoliker kstoliker
Wouldn't stay again Apr 16, 2011
The dorm rooms here are 50,000 a night, which is a little above average of what I have paid in Luang Prabang or Vang Vieng for a double room that was much nicer. The 3 bed dorm rooms were tiny, with hardly enough room for 3 people to put their bags down. The mattress was terrible, I could feel every spring. The staff were not overly friendly, if anything a bit on the rude side. There is free wifi but they shut it down for half the day, you are only allowed to use it from 9am-11pm. When we asked upon check out to store our bags for the day, they tried to charge us for it, even though they don't even get locked up, they just sit in the lobby. The only positive thing about this place was the free breakfast which was only average, and clean bathrooms. I would recommend staying across the road at Aya guesthouse...friendly staff..only 40,000 a night with free use of computers that stay open later.
ganheplovely ganheplo…
Affordable and nice location Mar 11, 2011
I stayed here for 5 days. It's in the center of city,just 1 minute to Mekong river.You can have everything u want near hostel: shopping, cafe, restaurant,.and even the post. The room is very clean and it is provided hot shower.Though the dorm is the top of house, but it's quite private and quiet.There is a space outside the dorms where you can six and chilled out.
Vipin Vipin
Mixay May 04, 2010
Considering what you pay for a room here, this is a great place to stay. My bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a nice hot shower and the toilet was decent enough. I saw a cleaner near my room on a couple of occcasions, which was reassuring to know that standards were being maintained! The staff at reception are always polite and very useful for answering any queries you have for them. The location is ideal - very near the river and easy for transportation to your next destination. Overall, if the prices of their rooms are in your budget, I would recommend this place.

Check Vientiane Hotel Deals