Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno Tokyo

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals

Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno Tokyo Reviews

coffeefairy coffeefa…
Great new affordable hotel in Tokyo with fantastic location Feb 09, 2011
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno is a relatively new hotel with fantastic location. It is situated across the Ueno train station and Ueno park and zoological gardens is just a stone's throw away. It is also just beside a popular shopping and restaurant street in Ueno.

We booked a smoking room by mistake and only discovered it during our check-in. Since we booked thru a third party website (also by mistake), we could not change our booking anymore. But the staff were kind enough to offer to air out the room to make it more convenient for us (the room actually had an air purifier/filter). Though the room did still had some distinct smell of a smoking room, it was quite clean and the bed was soft and comfortable and had good pillows. The bathroom was great, it was spacious and their mirror was anti-fog. It scared me at first when I saw a rectangle area in the middle of the mirror that was not fogged, I thought there was a ghost but no, it was just the magic of the anti-fog mirror, hahaha.

This hotel is quite modern. Check-in and check out can actually be done expressly using some self-service kiosk machines they had. But since we can't read Japanese, it was more convenient for us to check-in/out manually.

Our accomodation did not include breakfast so I can't really comment on the breakfast. I'm also not sure where they give their breakfast but if it was at the Italian restaurant at their lobby called Bosco Il Chianti, then I'm sure the food would be great because we've dined at that restaurant for dinner and we ate one of the best meals in our life.

There were also floors where you could get ice cubes and I appreciate this very much because I love ice in my drinks.

Not all staff though can speak English very well but they were still polite and they would call a staff who could if their English wasn't enough.
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno
Mitsui Garde Hotel Ueno - comfy bed
Mitsui Garde Hotel Ueno - comfy bed
Mitsui Garde Hotel Ueno - room

Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno Tokyo Overview

The Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno Tokyo is located in Tokyo's Taito, a short stroll to Shitamachi Museum.

The hotel's garden offers a peaceful setting to sit and relax. Amenities at the hotel include laundry facilities, a dry cleaning service and a laundry service. Internet access is available for travellers wishing to remain connected during their stay. Ryounkaku, Mitsui Memorial Museum and Tokyo Dome are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

For the comfort of guests, the Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno Tokyo offers non-smoking rooms. Each room is equipped to make your stay comfortable and includes a plasma / LCD TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a safe. Slippers are also provided for extra comfort. Equipped to ensure a comfortable stay, rooms have complimentary toiletries, a coffee maker and a refrigerator.

Meiji-za Theatre is within driving distance of the Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno Tokyo. The centre of Tokyo is 20 minutes away by car. Kanda Shrine, Asakusa Shrine and University of Tokyo are a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno Amenities

• Computer
  • Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels