Mission Beach

San Diego, California

Mission Beach San Diego Reviews

CanaDan CanaDan
Surfing at Mission Beach Aug 12, 2011
If you have always wanted to try surfing, Mission beach in San Diego is the perfect place to start. The waves are not too big and great for beginners. I recommend going to Cheap Rentals at 3689 Mission Boulevard. They are the cheapest place to rent a board its just $5 per hour or you can rent it for half a day (4 hours) for just $10. They have surfboards, mini mals, short-boards everything. The water can be quite cold, even in summer, so rent a wet suit also from $5 per hour. I rented a board and wettie and it was only $18 for half a day. To learn how to surf you don't need to pay someone a bunch of $$, as the concept is pretty easy. Ask the guys at Cheap Rentals and they'll give you a FREE booklet on how to surf. Then head out to the beach and enjoy the best sport in the world! Surfs Up!

P.S. Belmont Park is right on the south end of Mission beach its a small amusement park, but its good for young kids and families.
Mission Beach, San DIego
HuBison HuBison
Sweet beach in Cali Jun 24, 2011
Our hotel recommended this beach and for my first time in California, I guess it was fine. I went in June and if you go during another month, it will probably be more crowded and parking won't be as ample or as close to the beach.

We easily found parking and strolled Mission Ave or Blvd or whatever it is for several blocks. It is lined with a wonderful array of restaurants (from the cheap lil snack to the well plated dish). We found a nice spot on the beach and planted ourselves. There were some little flies (that didn't bite), but were annoyingly irritated as they landed and tickled you often.

The Pacific ocean is FREEZING cold and there was enough seaweed to keep me out of the water. We brought our lunch onto the beach and it was nice to eat it on the soft sand. The weather was nice, but in June, it definitely coulda been better.

I have no idea what the other beaches are like, but this one was fine and probably would have been better if the weather was better.

Related Travel Blogs About Mission Beach

You Can Take outstanding Travel Experiences San Diego, CA
I visited to San Diego modern city, it’s just located in California state in additions, the second largest city in the state as well as ideal climate along with longest awesome, fantastic beaches…Mission beach of San Diego places where huge crowd we saw. However, first took the swimming fun, after that lay on the soft…
Finding places to stay
Since this is a car trip, our first major component is finding a place to stay. Starting on Kango, I found that two popular places for kids in San Diego include Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. My ki…San Diego near Mission Beach and Sea World. We also decided that we would include 2 days at Legoland ( special…
Mission Beach
Today I went kayaking. Just one of the things I've wanted to try. I played in the water some just trying to get a feel for it. Once I did, I set out to explore. Some little island was close by. I've … Today I went kayaking. Just one of the things I've wanted to try. I played in the water some…

Check San Diego Hotel Deals