Miss Saigon

(202) 333-5545

Miss Saigon Washington Reviews

superduperfantastic superdup…
May 06, 2007
I'm sure we weren't the first ones ever to order "spring rolls" and actually meant to order the garden rolls at this place. They were very willing and open to oblige, but of course - they had to give us a mini lecture on what the dish was really called first. You know what we want, just bring it! ;)

When there's a big party sitting in the middle of the room, being seated on the 2-seaters along the wall is a little claustrophobic. Anytime the folks at the other table leaned back as they laughed jovially, I wanted to cover my food for fear of stray hairs... The waiters could barely squeeze in between the tables to bring the food. Anytime they were facing the other table, it was great - butt next to face experience. If you see a large crowd in the middle, ask to be seated in the back or something. It's probably a little better.

We ordered the calamari, the garden rolls, the caramel chicken, and seafood over clear noodles in a clay pot. The calamari was a little salty, but still delicious. Garden rolls were tiny. The caramel chicken was spicy on top, sweet on the bottom, and they didn't skimp out on the meat... But that was all you got - a lot of meat. I should've ordered a partial veggie dish. And the seafood over clear noodles in a pot was very good - lots of variety in the one pot. Probably the favorite dish for the evening.

Service was not particularly spectacular. I give it a 3. Glad we tried it. Someone on the street had suggested it after we had asked for directions to another place. It was more of a Vietnamese-Thai place.

Check Washington Hotel Deals