Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe

154 Beale Street, Memphis, TN, USA

Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe Memphis Reviews

HuBison HuBison
I pass this GREAT recommendation on to you! This place is a MUST when in Memphis Jun 19, 2011
We told a friend we were going to stop and in Memphis and she gave us a recommendation for Miss Polly's. We arrived late in Memphis, TN and went to our room to freshen up before walking down Beale street. We came back out for the late night crowd and Miss Polly's had JUST closed.

We came back the next morning because my friend wanted some pulled pork (she has enjoyed the pulled pork I had in Nashville-our previous stop on a cross-country drive). The place is narrow and holds a few folks. My friend was in love with her pulled pork sandwich and I had to had some too. I was really good, but I admit, I didn't make me drool like the BBQ pulled pork I had in Memphis. This road trip has now made me a fan of BBQ pulled pork and I am in love with it.

I am not a french fry fan, but Miss Polly's also serves really, really, really good fries. They were served really hot and were thick and seasoned. I only ordered mac-and-cheese cause we were heading over to A&R afterwards. I am a mac-and-cheese FANATIC! Miss Polly's serves great mac-and-cheese. It was perfect. It was not the typical macaroni swimming in a vat of cheese; it was so good and I regret not taking an order to go for the road!

We had the absolutely sweetest waitress and I wish I could remember her name. All I know if that her hubby was from Memphis, but she was from Florida. She was so sweet and full of great recommendations. When we were done eating, we headed a few doors down to buy some Soul City BBQ sauce and if it comes out at home as good as it was on the pulled pork sandwich, I'll regret that I only bought 1 bottle.

The infamous Beale street was only 2 blocks long, and although there are several restaurants to choose from, this is a MUST when figuring out where to go to eat.
Yum-pulled pork!