Mirramar Hotel

Check Newquay Hotel Deals

Mirramar Hotel Newquay Reviews

nat80 nat80
Its like a cross between a Guesthouse, B&B and Hostel Sep 02, 2011
During my week in Cornwall I stayed in Newquay twice. The first time in a hostel, the second time here at Mirramar. Mirramar was far superior to the International Backpackers place just around the corner. It was cheaper AND included a very acceptable breakfast (cereal, juice, hot drinks, toast and spreads).

The location is super and if, like me, you are lucky enough to be in one of the front rooms you get an awesome view of the golf course, beach and sunset from your window. The place is family run and everyone is extremely helpful. I think most of the rooms are dormitory style but dont let this put you off. After staying in the first place around the corner I thought I might be getting too old for hostels, but Mirramar highlighted to me that's not the case, I just need to choose a place that has the right atmosphere!

The reasons for not awarding five stars across the board are:

Amenities: it was not staffed continuously during the day and when there was noone there, the common room was locked (presumably beacuse there was a bar in there)

Bathroom: It was fairly quiet while I was there but I imagine during busy periods, waiting for the loo/shower would be an issue - two of each over 8 rooms seems a bit low.
Dusk at Fistral Beach
Out of my bedroom at Mirramar over…
About 9 miles up the coast from Ne…

Check Newquay Hotel Deals