Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center

1100 N. Sullivan Road, Spokane, WA, USA
www.mirabeauparkhotel.com - 509-924-9000 / 1-866-584-4674
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center - Entrance to the Mirabeau
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center - The bar at Max at Mirabeau
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center - My spacious King bedroom at the Mirabeau
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center - Entrance to Max at Mirabeau
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center - Work space in the rooms at Mirabeau
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center - A terrible picture, but included to convey the artistry of servings at Max!
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center - Plenty of couch space in your room at the Mirabeau

Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center Spokane Reviews

vances vances
This place is Spokane for... Feb 01, 2014
It’s tough to be an independent hotelier these days, but Mirabeau Park in Spokane pulls it off nicely. The facility serving Spokane, Washington is enormous and conveniently located right off of interstate 90 (although about 25 miles from the airport, both are just off the interstate so it is a quick and easy commute). Sitting just east of Spokane, I learned the Mirabeau is not even a half hour away from Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

But on to the facilities. Mirabeau is in the midst of a multi-million dollar renovation, so if you wind up with a room in one of the older wings I hear things are a bit rough. My digs, however, were located just off of the front lobby, spacious, clean and well appointed. I found the bed very comfortable and appreciated the quality, thick comforter for the chilly nights during my stay. Not because it was cold in the room, it just felt right as the windows overlooking the patio outside my room revealed a beautiful, snowy landscape which seemed to dictate a beefy blanket.

There are numerous wings to this establishment, but they have done a wonderful job of creating back-woods landscapes in the many outdoor spaces between wings. Even knowing you are just off a major interstate and surrounded by retail, retail, retail --- it feels like you are out in the country! Back that up with professional, courteous, attentive service and your wants are covered.

Unless you are hungry, but then it is only a few steps to “Max at Mirabeau”. An excellent restaurant & bar, we ate three breakfasts and two dinners here (due to long hours during the day and icy roads, coming straight back to the hotel was the nightly routine). A bit pricy, but my selections earned their charge in terms of taste and portion. I had a Cobb Salad the first night and Ahi Tuna the next. My associates probably wouldn’t give Max as many stars as me, because one was disappointed with the amount of sea bass he received the first night (he claimed it should have been billed as a “Sea Bass Bite”) and the next night another associate thought the salmon tasted a bit fishy. After sharing salmon concerns with our waiter, however, the manager came right over and erased the $30 entrée from our tab.

Unfortunately I didn’t have much opportunity to check the hotel out, although they do feature a 24-hour fitness room, a year-round heated outdoor pool and hot tub (I did see a guy soaking in there one evening when it was twenty degrees outside) and pretty much everything you expect (free wi-fi, business center, etc.). A good choice for many reasons – the nightly rate of $99 being another.
Entrance to the Mirabeau
My spacious King bedroom at the Mi…
Work space in the rooms at Mirabeau
The bar at Max at Mirabeau
Vikram says:
Nice review, but you'll be surprised to know that a lot of independent shops/resnts/hotels do well in the Pacific NW. Infact, here it's cool to shun a chain!
Posted on: Feb 01, 2014