Minshuku Sosuke

Check Takayama Hotel Deals

Minshuku Sosuke Takayama Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Traditional japanese style hotel Jul 15, 2000
I know it's been 11 years since I last stayed there, but I still want to share my experience of this hotel. I went to Japan back then on a tour, so the hotels were pre booked by the travel organisation I went with.

This was for me (and the rest of the group) the first time to sleep in a traditional japanese hotel, called a Minshuku.

This particular Minshuku, called Sosuke was located about a 10 minute walk from the Takayama Station.

Before entering, we had to remove our shoes and we had to wear slippers, as wearing shoes inside wasn't allowed. To use the common bathroom and toilet, we had different slippers we had to use.

The room I shared with another man, was for 4 persons. That means extra blankets and odons for us. The reason why? We had to sleep on the tatami floors. The odon was meant as the mattress, but it was too thin for me to have a comfortable sleep, let alone lay down on the floor.

So, I slept on 2 odons and 1 blanket, which made it the hardness of the floor more bareable. Surprisingly I did had 2 good nights of sleep.

As for the common bathroom and toilet. They were kept spotless clean. There was one for the men and one for the women. First we had to wash ourselves sitting on a small stool and shower. Then when all the dirt and foam was washed off, we oculd go into the common bath.

Despite the hard floor and a different bathroom setting then I was used to, I enjoyed my stay in the Minshuku Sosuke.
View from my room
Inside of the room (sorry for the …

Check Takayama Hotel Deals