Minshuku Ikedaya

Check Hiroshima Hotel Deals

Minshuku Ikedaya Hiroshima Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Average priced "Minshuku" in a dull looking building Jul 21, 2000
I know it's been 11 years since I last stayed there, but I still want to share my experience of this hotel. I went to Japan back then on a tour, so the hotels were pre booked by the travel organisation I went with.

The 2nd Minshuku of the trip. But compared to the one in Takayama, this was more like an ordinary hotel. A dull looking building turned into an hotel and named a Minshuku because it happened to have several features that a proper Minshuku has.

I spent 2 nights here and unfortunately there was only a double room. So, I had to endure just sleeping on an odon and the tatami floor. Because I already experienced the Minshuku in Takayama and the Ryokan in Kyoto, I was used to the hard floor by now.

As for the rest of the hotel, I hope they improved it by now, because it wasn't the most glamorous of decorations. It was kept properly clean and the staff did its best to communicate properly, despite the lack of good english language skills.

If it's just for the night and you don't care really about the price, then it can be a decent place to sleep. Maybe they improved everything by now, although there was hardly any mention by other people on the net. I was even surprised that it still existed.

Check Hiroshima Hotel Deals