Mini Zoo Taman Teruntum

Kuantan, Malaysia

Mini Zoo Taman Teruntum Kuantan Reviews

nourelainn nourelai…
A Mini Zoo Indeed Mar 26, 2014
When I asked my sisters about the number of stars this zoo deserves, they all agreed with two. Why?

1. We can't get enough of the animals in the zoo - there are ostriches, turtles, snakes, crocodiles, birds and a few more. (but hey, the name says MINI zoo right?)

2. They do not have signs for a certain animals, so we cannot figure out their names. Especially in the 'House of Snakes'. The signs are all in Bahasa Malaysia.

3. There are some empty cages, with no name sign - we did not know whether the cage is empty, or there is animal inside but it is hiding.

4. 10 years ago, I rode the go-kart - but where is it?! No more :( That's sad, because that was the most fun thing I remembered about this zoo.

5. Bukit Gambang Safari Park is a lot better than this zoo. (It is not free by the way)

There is time allocated where we can feed the animals too (refer map in the photos). We did not do that because we came early in the morning. According to one of the zoo-takers, some of the animals had been sick because the visitors gave too much of the 'wrong' food. That is sad! :(

What I like about this zoo is the playgrounds! You can see kids happily playing on the spacious area. They have swings, see-saws, monkey bars and more.

We can see that the zoo is still in renovation, construction being done. Perhaps it will be better in the future, I really hope so.

This FREE mini zoo can surely attract a lot of people (and tourists) if they take care of it well. It just needs a little bit more attention.
Taman Teruntum (Teruntum Park)
The entrance