Ming's Bistro

(407) 898-9672

Ming's Bistro Orlando Reviews

Cho Cho
One of the best dim sum restaurants outside Asia Oct 18, 2013
I have been to this restaurant for lunch twice before, but only writing a review of it on my third time there. On all three occasions I went with my cousin who lives in a retirement community called The Villages which is about 90 minutes drive away from Orlando.

This place is located on a side street in the Vietnam town section of Orlando. Nothing fancy about the decor, but the mainly Chinese cuisine they dish out there is fabulous! As usual, we ordered the dim sum delicacies. For those who are not familiar with dim sum food, it is basically a style of Cantonese (from Canton/Guangdong province in China) food prepared as individual portions of food traditionally served in small steamer baskets or containers which are normally put on carts and pushed around the restaurant. Customers can then choose what they want while seated at their tables.

However, at Ming's bistro we were told that the cart service is only on weekends, and since we were always there on a weekday we had to order straight from the menu like in most other restaurants. No problem, as the extensive menu had pictures and descriptions of all the good stuff available.

The last time we were there a couple of weeks ago, we ordered these 7 dishes; pork spare ribs, lotus leaf sticky rice, shark fin dumplings, pork dumplings, spring rolls, crispy fried shrimp and chicken feet. They were all delicious! We had 'yum cha' or hot Chinese tea that goes well with the dim sum.

On this our third time eating at this place, we saw the same two waitresses who had served us before. Both of them seemed to recognize us because one of them said, "Oh, you've come back again." Although they were obviously Chinese they did speak English reasonably well. It is interesting to note that most of the customers are Asian with the odd Westerner at a table or two.

Besides dim sum, there are many other food items available, but dim sum is their specialty. As in our previous visits, the service was quick and efficient although the restaurant was nearly full as it was before. I believe on weekends, there is some waiting time before you can have a table unless one has made reservations.

I don't know how much the bill came up to as my cousin paid for the meal. I think it was in the region of $30-35 which I thought was reasonable by US standards.

Vietnam town in Orlando
Entrance to Ming's Bistro
Restaurant sign at the door
Menu 1