Ming Palace International Youth Hostel

Ming Palace International Youth Hostel Rates and Deals

Ming Palace International Youth Hostel Guilin Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Very cheap and clean hostel in Guilin Dec 17, 2012
The hostel located right in the city centre of Guilin, close to bus stop, restaurants, shopping centre, garden, and five minutes’ walk to Ming Palace. I choose this location as the hostel has a very good review, cheap, free wifi inside the room and the hostel also provided free computer for guess use downstairs at the receptions area.

The young reception behind the counter is very friendly, informative and speaks fluent English. She fills in the form for me and I only need to sign the form and paid the room in advance for the duration of my stay.

The room price does not include breakfast, however breakfast inside the hostel is really cheap or you can go next door to have traditional Chinese breakfast consist of rice porridge with meat or noodles soup, or traditional Chinese cake (sorry I don’t recall what it called).

I have a room at the fifth floor which unfortunately the hostel doesn’t provide any lift. So, another young male staff carried my heavy luggage up to the room and explain everything and breakfast time. He also tell stories about himself, how he start works at the hotel, and try to saves money and wants to study abroad, etc,etc.

The room itself is very spacious with wooden double bed, simple desk to put my stuffs, kettle to boil water, flat screen television, sofa and one small desk and chair in the corner. The room fitted with air condition and heater in one machine.

The en-suite bathroom is simple but really huge, almost half the size of the bedroom and plenty of space there to run around. The shower work well with hot and cold water and water pressure were good.

During my stay, I have trouble adjusting the air condition/heater temperature as the remote control only has Chinese language written on it and I kept pushing the button and ended I have a very cold air condition instead of warm heater. So, I was freezing for one night as I couldn’t adjust it and too lazy to go down to the receptionist to ask for help (I need to go down and up again to fifth floor). The next day, when the cleaner come to the room, I ask her to adjust the temperature and finally I have a warm temperature.

There is a billiard table near the lobby areas for hotel guest to use (unfortunately I didn’t and try it, so not sure have to pay or not), there is also several computers free of charge for hotel guests to use. The hostel restaurant decorated very nicely and really inviting. The food is okay and reasonable price compare with other restaurants nearby.

It was quite when I was there as the weather were a wee bit chilli and not many tourists around. Overall, I really enjoy my stay there and explore the city easily from the hotel.
the bedroom
simple desk and flat screen televi…
small table and chair
handbasin inside huge bathroom
flyingrabbit flyingra…
Best Hostel in Guilin! Apr 09, 2012
The hostel is located in the centre of the city, and takes only about 5mins to get to Guilin’s main tourist attractions. In the lobby you can play Chinese chess, Mahjong, etc. But I prefer to sit on the balcony on the 5th floor, from where you can see the Solitary Beauty Peak. In particular, the hostel has a painting theme, which is quite unique and fascinating.

Staff are quite friends and helpful. Jason at the front desk speaks fluent English and makes nice cocktails.

Ming Palace International Youth Hostel Overview

The Ming Palace International Youth Hostel offers a tour desk, free Wi-Fi and a swimming pool as well as a concierge, a dry cleaning service and a 24 hour reception.

Family-friendly rooms are available, big enough to accommodate guests travelling with children. Bathrooms provide guests with necessities such as bathrobes and a hair dryer. The air conditioned rooms at the hostel offer a mini bar, a DVD player and tea and coffee making facilities. The rooms at the hostel have a safe, a TV and cable / satellite channels.

Ming Palace International Youth Hostel Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels