Jalan Dulang, Seri Kembangan, Malaysia
+6 03-8942 5010 / +6 03 8942 1818
Mines Wonderland Seri Kembangan Reviews
Boat Ride at Mines Wonderland Aug 14, 2011
A few tourists have asked me about this Mines Shopping mall, so I've decided to write a short review of it.
Location: Far from the city! Traffic can be bad during peak hours. Close to the Horse Racing Stadium, Golf Course, Palace of the Golden Horses Hotel Resort.
What to expect:
- The normal food court, cafes and restaurants that can be found in most of the other shopping malls in KL i.e KFC, McDonald's, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Big Apple, Pizza Hut, Starbucks Coffee, Kenny Rogers Roasters, Sushi King, Nando's, A&W, Delifrance, Sweet Chat, Bread Story, Secret Recipe, Carl's Jr, Sakae Sushi, 7-Eleven
- Fashion Boutiques i.e G2000, Adidas, Super Heroes, Nike, Ms. Read, RedCarpet, Crocs
- Pharmacies i.e Guardian, Watsons', Caring Pharmacy
- IT Centre
- People who are living not far away from Sri Kembangan
- Those who are not brand conscious as the clothings/footwear are usually not those of big brands
- Family with kids who would enjoy some boat ride.
- Those who need to do some quick shopping after a game of golf.
- This shopping mall is special because it has a canal right in the middle of the mall for you to get on a mini cruise. Depending on the package that you choose, the boat will bring you around the lake for some greenery views.
- Duration of ride varies between 15-50mins.
- There are 2 types of cruise, one is the normal boat, while the other is called WaWa Splash, which is actually a bus that goes on water. The routes taken are the same, except, when you're crossing from the South Lake to the Northlake (vise versa)the Wawa Splash will go right through and give you a splashy ride. The boat on the other hand, will take about 7 minutes to go through the water lift. (picture attached).
- Make sure you learn more about the rides before purchasing the tickets. Otherwise you will be leaving the place disappointed.
- They offer several packages, where some include musical fountain. Please check if the 'performance' plays at any specific time, otherwise you'll see nothing. There's one that comes with a massage package. Please note it's only foot massage and not for the whole body. Some also offer 'Animal Wonderland', but you don't get to see the animals from inside the boat! You'll have to get down at some point and walk (as I was told!). Another one includes the ride and dine. Well, don't expect to dine while in the boat. Again, you'll have to get out of the boat and walk to the specific cafe.
- For special occasions, you may want to have a private ride and dine cruise. For this, you'll need to book at least 1 day in advance. This, you really dine IN the boat. :)
- Come to this place only if they have special events/exhibitions that interest you.
- Avoid coming to this place in the evening, sometime between 6pm - 7.30pm as the traffic can be bad!
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!