Mineral Beach

Dead Sea, Israel

Mineral Beach Dead Sea Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
peaceful and quiet beach resort Mar 06, 2014
No trip to the Holy Land would be complete without a visit to the Dead Sea!

When I was researching for a resort at the Dead Sea that is close to Jerusalem, I could not find any except for Kalya Beach (from TB dardeb’s blog). So our initial plan was to go to Kalya Beach. We rented a car to drive to the Dead Sea. Unfortunately, we missed out our exit so we decided to just continue driving until we see another beach resort. When I looked up to the map the next beaches are in the area of Ein Gedi which is far more away.

Well, there was one though and it was quite odd how we found this resort called “Mineral Beach”. While on the road there was a tourist bus ahead of us...so we said ok we will follow this bus...it sure is going to one of the beaches here!! Guess what? This bulky, royal blue bus made a turn towards the left side of the road so I thought this bus must be going to a beach! True enough when we turned left to follow the bus, we saw the signage -- Mineral Beach Resort!

If you are going to the Dead Sea on your own, I recommend Mineral Beach for the following reasons:

If you are coming from Jerusalem, this is the closest resort you will come across passing along through Route/Highway 90.

Entrance fee on weekdays is INS55.00/person (US$16.00). Besides floating on the beach, use of shower rooms, lockers, beach shades/umbrellas made from palm trees, beach chairs, heated in-door pool, and of course the unlimited amount of mineral-rich mud (which one can simple-lather the entire body) are inclusive in the entrance fee. I am not sure if towels are provided or rented but since we brought our own anyways, I did not bother to find that out. It is better to bring your own towels (and toiletries, too).

The resort even though it may not be as flashy compared to the resorts in Ein Gedi area, it is equipped enough. You may want to bring your own food but if not the resort has a little fast food avenue where sandwiches, fries, hotdogs and drinks are for sale – a bit pricey though.

Even though, tourists may come and go the quiet and relaxing atmosphere is maintained.

The entire resort is clean including the shower rooms. The pressure for cold or hot water was strong.

Mineral Beach offers body treatments like body massage in different massage styles. We did not purchase of any sort of package so I cannot say anything about that.

Wi-Fi is available in the food avenue area but the signal is weak though.

There is an ample parking in front of the Ahava Mineral Beauty Store. Yes, there is a shop for all kinds of Dead Sea beauty products available for purchase.
the tourist bus we followed to the…
Zagnut66 says:
Looks like fun!
Posted on: May 27, 2014
anupa_rk says:
Hey where's the customary floating and reading a newspaper picture?! That's all I want to do when I visit the dead sea :D
Posted on: May 27, 2014
ela3211 ela3211
all in one.. Nov 17, 2012
This was definitely the first time I went to a private beach in the Dead Sea. Usually I just go to the public one next to all the hotels.

This time we've decided we wanted the full experience.

Every Israeli that has been to the Dead Sea has this childhood nightmare when he / she got in the water and it burned so bad that the hurt sticks around forever , but at some point in an adult life it's so easy to fall in love with the place!

The flat water , the beautiful scenery, the distance from everything and everyone , the desert's surroundings , the mud , the fresh air and that peace and quiet..

that's amazing...

Mineral beach offers most of the facilities - mineral pools , mud , the spa , the massage therapy , the restaurant and a place to shower..

Entrance costs 50 NIS per person (I'm not sure whar the cost is for groups). It includes the beach , the mud , the mineral pools and a shower.

The beach is well organized , very clean and very inviting.

The Spa , Massage and Restaurant are different charges and you pay separately.

We had a great time , but the prices at the restaurant were ridiculously expensive.

We had some snacks and water we brought with us (thank god) and when we left the beach we had a stop in the gas station and ate at the restaurant there in half price..

Bring your own snack and you'll have a great day there..

Check Dead Sea Hotel Deals