Mimis Cafe Tucson

120 S Wilmot Road, Tucson, AZ, USA

Mimis Cafe Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Great Breakfast and Coffee shop Feb 17, 2010
The Mimis Café I love going to is literally located about a mile and a half away from my apartment at the intersection of Broadway and Wilmot. My daughter and I loved having breakfast there on Saturday mornings. It has been a while since I was there because my daughter is with her grandmother in Uganda for a while and last breakfast I had there was with my friend Greg who came all the way from Phoenix to visit. Today I felt a strong need for a big breakfast to counter the numb feeling I have had all week: being too lazy to make my breakfast I took a stroll to Mimi's Cafe waiting for ever to cross the roads because of the number of cars and honestly it has been a while since I have crossed a street here in Tucson (so much for the bad habit of driving anywhere and everywhere I go).

I made it to the Cafe a little out of breath and feeling a little light headed but was delighted by the attentions of the rather pleasant petite lady (waitress) with a huge smile on her face and she goes "table for one?" and I grinned in reply. 'This way Ma'am' she goes and puts me at the perfect spot in the corner where I could people watch and see the counter where the service team is at. My waiter was called Paul; he looked not more than 20 years old and knew his service to the T. He stopped by my table with the menu in hand and such a warm smile and asked if I wanted Coffee or tea?, a glass of orange juice perhaps? I said yes to both but with a small glass of orange juice and water without ice (my system detests ice cold water because of brain freeze, can anyone relate?)

The aroma of the coffee was almost intoxicating, filling up my senses; it came steaming hot with a selection of small packaged creamers (French Vanilla, Irish Cream, Continental, Half & Half). The sweeteners were also various, but I do prefer ordinary cane sugar. I took two cups of coffee with a touch of half & half milk and added sugar to taste. For the breakfast, I settled for a Pancake breakfast, which I decided after eating that I should not have ordered such a big breakfast. Four large pancakes, with a side of sausage and scrambled eggs with hot syrup and melted butter right on top of my pancake, hmmm yummy!

All in all, I had a delicious experience yet again. One would never know that Mimis is part of a chain unless they looked it up or already knew about it. The service is very professional and I highly recommend a Mimis in any of the 12 locations in Arizona or other states that have a Mimis. For easier reference while in Arizona, there is a Mimis in Tucson (actually 2), Scottsdale, Yuma, Mesa, Ahwatukee, Glendale, Casa Grande, Desert Ridge, Chandler, Metro and Goodyear. For a good breakfast experience I recommend you try them, I have not regretted any of my many visits there.
Africancrab says:
Thanks dear. I like room temp water, drinks better.
Posted on: Dec 19, 2010
Vipin says:
great review, and i'm with you on the ice cold water thing too!
Posted on: Dec 18, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Mimis Cafe Tucson

Places to Eat in Tucson
There are many places to dine while in Tucson, with the diversity we have here you can eat just about anything you want: Food is life, so no one can blame me for enticing everyone with the variety I'…MIMI'S CAFE (Italian), LE RENDEVOUS (Authentic French). Tucson is a small town in comparison to other cities like…

Check Tucson Hotel Deals