1 Brewers Way, Milwaukee, WI, USA
(414) 902-4400

Miller Park Milwaukee Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Worth checking out Aug 20, 2012
Located outside of downtown, Miller Park has been home to the Milwaukee Brewers since 2001. Originally planned to open at the start of the 2000 season, it was delayed due to a construction accident that killed 3 workers. Work had to stop, as there was an investigation into the accident. After that, the team realized that they could not finish on time at the start of the 2000 season, so they put it off by 1 year. Also, there is a memorial to those 3 workers in front of the stadium.

Miller Park is one of the few stadiums in baseball, to have a retractable roof. But this one has no air-conditioning when the roof is closed, so it can feel stuffy at times. It feels a lot more nicer when the roof is open.

Not easy to get to, as it is located outside of downtown. There is a bus that takes people there, but I never got to try it. And with the citywide construction, the directions on the web site don’t help at all. But that’s not the fault of this ballpark.

Once at the ballpark, you see people tailgating at the parking lot, giving it a more of a festive atmosphere. And there are various attractions to check out around the ballpark, like statues and memorials, and the home plate plaques of past players that have played for the Brewers. I listed some of those in my blog for the second game.

During the game, there is a sausage race, between the different types of sausages, in the middle of the 6th inning. Also, during the 7th inning stretch, there is the second song “Roll Out the Barrel”, which is sung after the traditional “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”.

With the roof open, it is a nice place to watch a ballgame. And worth checking out for any baseball fan, as it does showcase not only the team’s history, but some baseball history in Milwaukee in general. Overall, a nice place to visit.
exterior
Brewers taking the field
sausage racers getting to the line
getting ready to race
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Walter nice to see you back on front page! have a great day:)
homeres homeres
Brew, Brats and Baseball: Welcome to Miller Park Sep 23, 2011
It has taken me a while to write a review on a place I have frequented since 2001!

If you are a baseball fan and in town during the season, I highly recommend at least going to 1 game. The place is fairly big and has a great atmosphere if your pre-tailgating/tailgating and at the game. For the non-baseball fan, they have a restaurant that stays open even off-season.

I do however, recommend when you decide to leave at a game, leave before the game ends or be prepare to sit out in your car for an hour while you and 14,000+ are trying to leave all at once!
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Milwaukee Brewers Stadium Jul 05, 2010
Miller Park is the new home to the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball team. The stadium was completed in 2001 and contains a roof that can open or close in 10 minutes. The field also has natural grass.

Miller Park is so named because of the sponser - Miller Brewing Company - so you can expect plenty of Miller Beer at the park!

This park is a little unusual because you can bring in outside food and beverages. However, plenty of food and beverage were purchased and consumed from the vendors. Prices were a bit steep here, but the food was good and they had a nice variety there. Of course I had to have a brat here, but the burritos and nachos looked delicious.

The parking lot opens 3 hours before game time for those who wish to tailgate. We were in line by noon for the 3:10 pm game and got second row parking! Lots of fun to walk around the other tail-gaters.

The Hank Aaron State Trail runs along the river by the park and has some nice informational signs about the history of the area, and of course, Hank Aaron!

We got half price tickets for a weekday game, so the stadium was quite full (seems everyone else had the same idea today). It was a hot and muggy, but thankfully cloudy, day. The stadium was open and there was a slight breeze, so it wasn't too uncomfortable.

The thing I like best about this stadium is the live organist that plays throughout the game. He played all the music before the game, too. There is a big slide for the mascot when the Brewers get a home run...that didn't happen today.

One thing I didn't like was the vendors that walk the seats are only beverage vendors. There was no one to throw a bag of peanuts, or order a hot dog from. Overall, it was a nice stadium.
Miller Park as seen from I-94
Hank Aaron Trail
mmm...secret stadium sauce
batting practice
festerwretch says:
You know, I didn't realize that until after the fact, but I don't think we had any vendors, even beverage ones, in our section. I can't remember seeing one anyway.
Posted on: Aug 16, 2010
alyssa_ob says:
Maybe they just missed our section...the entire game
Posted on: Jul 19, 2010
festerwretch festerwr…
Home of the Brewers Aug 10, 2010
Well, I'm not the first to review Miller Park, so I won't go too deeply into the retractable roof, Bernie Brewer's slide or the sausage race, but it's quite a nice venue to watch a baseball game.

In addition to singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh inning stretch, they also sing "Beer Barrel Polka"

I liked that in the concession areas & bathrooms they played Bob Uecker's call of the game over the loudspeakers.

Though expensive (although, not surprising given that it's a stadium), the concession selection is reasonably varied.

Overall, check it out if you're ever in Milwaukee. Don't like baseball? Go on a non baseball day & have dinner at the TGI Friday's which is part of the park.
From I 94
Miller Park
During a pitching change, some car…
homeres says:
i ant believe ive never done a review of Miller Park and im from here!
Posted on: Aug 13, 2010
mpost51 mpost51
Milwaukee's tailgating headquarters Mar 27, 2010
I am not sure you can actually say you've experienced true Milwaukee until you have been to a Brewer game. I personally enjoy throwing peanuts at my friends and trying to pretend I know what's going on.
Stelarmod Stelarmod
Miller Park-Home of the Milwaukee Brewers Jun 23, 2008
Miller Park is the home of the Milwaukee Brewers. I recently attended an event at the park which allowed our group to participate on the field. The Milwaukee Brewer staff is excellent and truly professional. The ball club really gives back to the community.
Milwaukee Brewers-Best young team …
The best of the best for youth bas…
Footbridge to parking lot after ga…
Park overview from our 4th level s…
vulindlela says:
I really need to see a game here!
Posted on: Oct 29, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Miller Park

Miller Park - Just a Bit Outside
I must start my blog about stadiums with my team, the Milwaukee Brewers and their home at Miller Park.  Going to Miller Park for a game can be as convenient an experience as you'll fin…Milwaukee Brewers and their home at Miller Park.  Going to Miller Park for a game can be as convenient…
Citi Field
It is no secret that we love to visit baseball stadiums.  I had only been to one stadium in the last two years and it was a repeat.  A quick glance at the 2011 baseball schedule reminded me…Park in Pittsburgh Miller Park in Milwaukee Wrigley Field in Chicago Busch Stadium in St Louis Turner Field in Atlanta   …
Day 4 milwaukee
Day 4 Milwaukee Although this trip is fantastic we are not able to spend a lot of time in each city which makes it harder to see everything which is a great shame so we try and pick out a couple of …Miller Park the stadium of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team.We decide to try and get the bus but after waiting…

Check Milwaukee Hotel Deals