Milkshake Factory

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Milkshake Factory Kuala Lumpur Reviews

iramalama iramalama
Milkshake Factory May 07, 2011
The Milkshake Factory is in the middle of the bars along Jalan P. Ramlee, right next to the Coffee Bean and The Beach Club. It is a short walk from KLCC...and I walked from here to Dang Wangi LRT station (feeling guilty perhaps and wanting to burn off the calories I just put on with the milkshake?).

These milkshakes are quite delicious, actually. Not overly sweet or milky. They went down very smoothly. There are only two sizes: small and large...but not much difference in size or price (Splurge a little and get the big one!). The cost ranges from RM8-RM12.50...not bad considering you won't find any equivalent drink at that price at the Coffee Bean next door.

The menu is quite impressive. "Kid in a candy store" is a good way to describe how I felt when walking into this mostly-open-air restaurant. Your milkshake is mixed with whatever your favorite candy is, from Kit-Kats and M&M's to Toblerone and Ferrero Rocher. There are "cereal" options too, like Pop-Tarts or Special K. For the more health-conscious, you can get a smoothie instead, featuring some interesting flavors, like rambutan, avocado, raspberry, and even beetroot. They even serve some deli/cafe-style food items if you want something of substance.

I had the Snickers milkshake. And it really satisfied me. I would drink one of these everyday if I had the motivation to exercise it off! But I don't! So this will serve as a nice treat every now and then...or anytime someone invites me to go along with them!

The staff was very friendly and offered their personal favorites as suggestions for me while I took way too long to figure out which flavor I wanted to try. The soundtrack of the day was Earth, Wind, and Fire...surprisingly good music to listen to while drinking a milkshake. Who knew?
Milkshake Factory KL
iramalama says: inspired me to go here in the first place.
Posted on: May 08, 2011
trippin_jen says:
:) agree with your comments!
Posted on: May 07, 2011
trippin_jen trippin_…
Milkshake Factory - Family Friendly Bar (But they do sell Heineken...) Apr 24, 2011
I’ve seen many TBs requesting info for night lives/drinking sessions in KL. Information on these places is definitely not difficult to find. So I’ve decided to write about a family-friendly bar instead.

While strolling along the streets near the Petronas Twin Towers, I noticed a huge number of tourists bringing their spouses and children along. With the melting hot weather in KL, any cold drinks will be a savior! The Milkshake Factory, I believe, is the best place for sweet loves, especially kids!

Located along the same street at the popular Clubs such as Beach Club, Aloha and Rum Jungle, it’s pretty easy to spot this Milkshake Factory as it carries an open air concept and is brightly lit. Ok I’ll make it easier for you. It’s just at the ground floor of Crown Regency Hotel and next to Coffee Bean.

The place is not big, and I must say that they could do better with more chairs and tables, but I guess people are ok to just hang around that area without a seat. They do have a projector screen that plays some MTV channels and sports especially football. And you also get to enjoy nice funky/popular hit songs. I think it’s a pretty good place for TB Meet Ups too!

The prices for their drinks/sandwiches are somewhat similar to those you get at Starbucks/Coffee Bean/Subway, if not cheaper. In average you get a drink for about MYR10. Believe me… it’s ALL WORTH IT!!! Imagine the satisfaction with each drop of the drink!! I am already having cravings just by writing this review!

I guess pictures are always a better way of conveying the message across. Please refer to the attached photos, taken from their Facebook account, as well as a review called “Eat Drink KL”.

1) From here, you get a nice view of both the twin towers, as well as the kl tower!

2) The staffs of Milkshake Factory are really nice and friendly people...
The crowd during its opening
And did I mention it's a family fr…
trippin_jen says:
ya here's the thing... i don't drink beer, so this "factory" seems like the next best thing to join the crowd at P. Ramlee St! :)
Posted on: May 04, 2011
iramalama says:
I saw this place recently...looks good. But I wouldn't recommend it after drinking a lot of beer at the bars on P. Ramlee Street!
Posted on: May 04, 2011