Mile End, A Montreal Jewish Delicatessen

97A Hoyt Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA

Mile End, A Montreal Jewish Delicatessen Brooklyn Reviews

Glynnes Glynnes
Montreal style bagels in Brooklyn May 09, 2010
Mile End is located in the Boreum Hill section of Brooklyn. I had a day off, so I ventured over the Brooklyn Bridge to meet up with my sistas and to catch-up on small talk over lunch. You know, the kind of stuff that you just can't text about or discuss over a cell phone and that can only be done in person. So we met up at the Mile End Delicatessen, located at 97A Hoyt Street (between Atlantic Avenue & Pacific Street) in Brooklyn, NY.

I had the smoked beef brisket sandwich on sliced rye bread with mustard. The brisket sandwich was enough for one person but not enough for two (U know what I mean). It was so delicious and moist, I ate the whole thing while savoring every bite. The beef brisket meat was flaky and tender, it fell apart easily, along with the cole slaw that was a bright and well seasoned (light and bitter with vinegar) and crispy pickle I really enjoyed my lunch.

Others tried the poutine (french fries topped with gravy and cheese curds) which was a delicious gutbomb and the wild king smoked salmon platter on a Montreal bagel (Yes, folks, Mile End import their bagles (bagles are brought across the border ever day) into Brooklyn, a place that already has the best bagles with a smear). I found the Montreal bagle to be much sweeter and smaller in size than a Brooklyn Bagle.

Yes, I enjoyed myself at Mile End sampling many of their fine smoked meats and platters. I can highly recommend the "Smoked brisket with potatoes, onion and egg" platter. Space is limited at Mile End (four tables & five stools) and they generally run out of smoked meats early, so get there early or be prepared to wait.
Glynnes says:
Since it's been so hot in NYC to cook, the Mile End Delicatessen has become my favourite.
Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010
shellyf says:
I know the place well. Terrific brisket sandwiches as you say and other stuff as well. All of it fresh and nicely presented. A real FIND in Brooklyn.
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010
Transitory says:
I didn't realise this was already reviewed, cool beans.
Posted on: Jun 12, 2010